Thread: How to delete a post?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

How to delete a post?

Sorry if this seems a noob question, but why doesn't deletion work on the forums?

By mistake I made a duplicate post on http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1787618&page=2 so I want to delete the extra one (which I myself created). Hovering the mouse over the edit button below the post says Edit/Delete but clicking it doesn't show any edit button, only "Save", "Go Advanced" and "Cancel". It seems that the standard vBulletin feature is to provide a "Delete" button along with those three but I don't see any such button.

Kindly provide guidance. Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: How to delete a post?

You have to be a moderator to delete a post here or contact one via the "report abuse" button in the post concerned and request the post be removed. Self deletion of a post is not possible.

Most people here just snip the contents out and leave a note like "<duplicate removed>" to save the mods the bother and show the forum a glitch occurred (it happens reasonably often here).

Seems you have put the duplicate to good use for more info in this case .
    Last edited by yetiman64; June 25th, 2011 at 12:26 PM. Reason: wording change re post deletion

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: How to delete a post?

Yes, thanks!