Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No seek

Beans

No seek

Today the power went out for a minute. When I restarted, I couldn't seek on some channels, or in recordings. I get this in the terminal:

Code:
    Error preparing query: SELECT mark, offset FROM recordedseek WHERE chanid = :CHANID AND starttime = :STARTTIME AND type = :TYPE ;
    Driver error was [2/144]:
    QMYSWL3: Unable to prepare statement
    Database error was:
    Table './mythconverg/recordseek' is marked as crashed and last (automatic?) repair failed
    Anybody know what I should do?
    thanks for the help
    Last edited by Colonelguf; June 27th, 2011 at 11:54 AM.

Beans

Re: No seek

try running
    Code:
    sudo /etc/cron.weekly/mythtv-database
    which will try to repair the database. If that doesn't fix it report back, there is another route to repair the recordedseek table, but I need to look it up.

Beans

Running mysqlcheck from a prompt along the lines of

mysqlcheck --databases mythconverg --auto-repair

ought to take care of it.

Beans

only if the table is capable of repair, otherwise you basically have to drop the table and recreate it.

read the whole thread:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/list.../441453#441453
    Last edited by nickrout; June 25th, 2011 at 06:07 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nickrout View Post
    try running
    Code:
    sudo /etc/cron.weekly/mythtv-database
    which will try to repair the database. If that doesn't fix it report back, there is another route to repair the recordedseek table, but I need to look it up.
    Ran that command and got

Code:
    mythconverg.recorded
    warning  : Found 30904 deleted space in delete link chain. Should be 31448
    error    : Found 176 deleted rows in delete link chain. Should be 177
    error    : record delete-link-chain corrupted
    error    : Corrupt
    mythconverg.recordedseek
    warning  : Table is marked as crashed and last repair failed
    warning  : 1 client is using or hasn't closed the table properly
    warning  : Size of indexfile is: 137113600      Should be: 1024
    error    : Record-count is not ok; is 4463744   Should be: 0
    warning  : Found 6514700 deleted space.   Should be 0
    warning  : Found 260588 deleted blocks       Should be: 0
    warning  : Found 4724332 key parts. Should be: 0
    error    : Corrupt

ERROR: DBBackupDirectory not specified, stopped at /usr/share/mythtv/mythconverg_backup.pl line 855.
    I'm trying to digest the info in the other thread you referred to, will report back. I have daily backups of my database.
    Thanks for the help.

Beans

only if the table is capable of repair, otherwise you basically have to drop the table and recreate it.

read the whole thread:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/list.../441453#441453
    I ran the command in the linked thread
    Code:
    for I in *.mpg *.nuv ; do mythcommflag --rebuild --file $I ; done

and when it finished about 9 hours later everything worked great again.
    Thanks again for the help.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Colonelguf View Post
    I ran the command in the linked thread
    Code:
    for I in *.mpg *.nuv ; do mythcommflag --rebuild --file $I ; done

and when it finished about 9 hours later everything worked great again.
    Thanks again for the help.
    9 hours? Yikes.

Next time you may want to try mysqlcheck first. If the table is repairable (as it usually is with this common problem) it should save you about 8 hours and 56 minutes.

Beans

If you read this thread the suggestion WAS to try and repair first. And it was not repairable!

Beans

If you read this thread the suggestion WAS to try and repair first. And it was not repairable!
    I read the thread. You recommended a manual run of /etc/cron.weekly/mythtv-database. Unless the behavior of the script has been rewritten in 0.24, it attempts to back up mythconverg (if uncorrupted) and checks mythconverg with mysqlcheck. But it doesn't invoke mysqlcheck with an explicit repair option. So by just running /etc/cron.weekly/mythtv-database, no actual repair was attempted. (Unless this behavior has been specifically altered in the current version, in which case I stand corrected.) That's why I recommended and still recommend explicitly running mysqlcheck --databases mythconverg --auto-repair from a prompt. Total time invested about four minutes.

If that doesn't work, then there's always time to spend 9 hours and mythcommflag the entire database.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by klc5555 View Post
    I read the thread. You recommended a manual run of /etc/cron.weekly/mythtv-database. Unless the behavior of the script has been rewritten in 0.24, it attempts to back up mythconverg (if uncorrupted) and checks mythconverg with mysqlcheck. But it doesn't invoke mysqlcheck with an explicit repair option. So by just running /etc/cron.weekly/mythtv-database, no actual repair was attempted. (Unless this behavior has been specifically altered in the current version, in which case I stand corrected.) That's why I recommended and still recommend explicitly running mysqlcheck --databases mythconverg --auto-repair from a prompt. Total time invested about four minutes.

If that doesn't work, then there's always time to spend 9 hours and mythcommflag the entire database.
    No I think I stand corrected, I thought the cron script DID try and repair, but I am wrong. Sorry bout that.

We'll never know in this case whether the repair option would have worked. I know when I did it (and started the thread I have pointed to) that the repair option in mythweb didn't work. Whether I tried it from the commandline with mysqlcheck I cannot recall.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast