Thread: unable to uncheck update box in software manager

Beans

unable to uncheck update box in software manager

I've run in to a weird problem where i cant uncheck the "pre-released updates" box...I had recently checked it to get a glimpse at what kinds of updates would be available with the option checked so i tried it and updated my repository. The problem is now i cant uncheck it again or any of the options for that matter. Is there a way to reset the repository settings to default?

I also would like to know if kde keeps a history of installed packages..since i couldnt uncheck the box i went ahead and installed everything thinking it might let me uncheck it afterwards (stupid i know), but seeing as how im pretty newbie, i dont want to take the chances of some package breaking

the box im referring to can be found here:

system settings---->system administrator--->software management--->settings--->edit origins--->updates

im using kubuntu 11.04 64 bit version...any help is greatly appreciated..thanks in advance

Beans

Re: unable to uncheck update box in software manager

I have this same problem as well and I have yet to find a way to uncheck it. It seems like once it is checked and there are updates it isn't allowed to change anything, though doing the updates doesn't change anything. All of the boxes still can't be unchecked.

Beans

I have the same problem too! In KPackageKit I can't uncheck the 'Proposed updates' or the 'Unsupported updates' boxes in the 'Kubuntu updates' section of the 'Updates' tab of the 'Software Sources' window (brought up by clicking on the 'Edit Origins' button in the 'Settings' tab of 'KPackageKit').

Can anyone shed some light on this?

64-bit Kubuntu 11.04 if that helps...

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Please see this similar thread at:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=11108394