Thread: 11.04 stops responding to ssh/vnc/ping on and off

Beans

11.04 stops responding to ssh/vnc/ping on and off

so i built 6 identical bitcoin mining rigs, 6990+5870, new to linux so followed http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=7514.0;all

5 of them work fine, but one just stops responding to ssh/rdp/pings when i start pocldm(opencl)mining on any of the cores(after like a minute or 2 not straight away), it wont even reply to pings, wierd thing is it responds again after afew minutes then blacks out again with no way for me to access it, when it comes back it hasnt rebooted and keeps on mining again. temps and everthing have seemed fine, only problem is it just goes on and off with 5-10 min intervals. sometimes it stops responding for like 30min up to an hour, then its suddenly back like nothing happend.

how do i troubleshoot this, preferably try to fix it over ssh first before i try to reinstall everything.

Beans

Re: 11.04 stops responding to ssh/vnc/ping on and off

I am having the same problem.. how did you fix this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: 11.04 stops responding to ssh/vnc/ping on and off

If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.