Thread: 11.04 upgrade

Beans

11.04 upgrade

I finally got the 10.10 to upgrade to 11.04. Now could someone enlighten me, all the fuss is about the icons on the left side of the screen ? This is Unity ? What am i supposed to be looking for ?

Thanks in advance for your time.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: 11.04 upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by jmore9 View Post
    I finally got the 10.10 to upgrade to 11.04. Now could someone enlighten me, all the fuss is about the icons on the left side of the screen ? This is Unity ? What am i supposed to be looking for ?

Thanks in advance for your time.
    The Icons in the menu panel on the left side of your screen is instead of the menu options in the old gnome screen. When you go through the menus and open anything, it's icon will be added to first level of the main panel until it is closed. While an app' is open, the menu panel will disappear until you move the cursor to the left edge of the screen.

This page has enough links to Unity related subjects, to answer most questions you might have on using Unity:
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/36274...icks-for-unity

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags