Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this forum dying?

Beans

Exclamation Is this forum dying?

Does anyone come here, anymore? Right now, the newest post in this forum is dated Jan 13, 2010, and it got no responses.

I just joined the Alabama LoCo, but it seems to be nearly dead. Come on, people!

Tim
    Cyberpower PC, Core i5 2500 3.3 gHz, 8GB DDR3, ATI 6770 1GB, Samsung BX 2440 LED 1080p, 1 TB SATA III, 2 TB SATA III, Siduction Linux 64-bit

Beans

Re: Is this forum dying?

I'm in Bama but I didn't join the Alabama LoCo team. I spend most of my time in the main forum searching for recent posts and seeing if I can solve or help solve problems people have. And learning what I can while I'm at it.
    Ultimate Edition Links

Beans

Thumbs up Re: Is this forum dying?

I suspect that is what most of us do.

At least you saw this and responded. Thanks!

Tim
    Cyberpower PC, Core i5 2500 3.3 gHz, 8GB DDR3, ATI 6770 1GB, Samsung BX 2440 LED 1080p, 1 TB SATA III, 2 TB SATA III, Siduction Linux 64-bit

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ratcheer View Post
    I suspect that is what most of us do.

At least you saw this and responded. Thanks!

Tim
    You're welcome and I'm Tim too.
    Ultimate Edition Links

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by ratcheer View Post
    Tim
    Quote Originally Posted by 2hot6ft2 View Post
    I'm Tim too.
    Wrof Wrof Wrof! MOOOREE Pooowerrr ! (Obscure reference to Home Improvement
    Cheers,PRShah
    Make your own: Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Mythbuntu All-in-One Live DVD
    "I never make mistakes; I thought I did, once.. but I was wrong."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

To see if the forum is active, click "new posts" and look at the date and time of the latest posting. Often it will have been within the last minute. A specific portion of the forums may not be as active as another, but overall there is more activity here than any other Linux distro-specific forum I have found.

Beans

Wink Re: Is this forum dying?

Quote Originally Posted by TBABill View Post
    To see if the forum is active, click "new posts" and look at the date and time of the latest posting. Often it will have been within the last minute. A specific portion of the forums may not be as active as another, but overall there is more activity here than any other Linux distro-specific forum I have found.
    Sorry if I was confusing, I was only referring to the Alabama Team LoCo Forum, specifically, not to UbuntuForums as a whole.

Tim

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I usually check this forum once a month... I would check it a lot more often if more people contributed
    Computers are like air conditioners. They stop working properly if you open Windows.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Talking Re: Is this forum dying?

I just found this forum. Have had ubuntu for about 7 months. New user and looking forward to joining the Alabama team. I am in Pinson, Alabama north of Birmingham.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Zuri View Post
    I just found this forum. Have had ubuntu for about 7 months. New user and looking forward to joining the Alabama team. I am in Pinson, Alabama north of Birmingham.
    Welcome, Zuri.

What I am finding out about the Alabama LoCo is that they mainly do business on irc. There is a group named ubuntu-us-al on freenode.net where they have a "meeting" on Thursdays at 9PM. That is not a good time for me, so I have not yet been able to participate. But maybe others will be able to.

Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast