Thread: Forum post editor

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Forum post editor

Hello, I am trying to create a mini-forum from scratch, obviously of educational purpose, I just don't want to go directly to something huge like phpbb or vbulletin, however, I used a simple text editor, but I am looking forward to use something more common, like the one ubuntuforums has, or as you have seen in some other phpbb forums.

Is it possible to use these html text editors / rich text editors ? Is there any free version? Can anyone please give me some link or some resource? I tried googling but "html post editor" is quite misleading for google I think.

Thank you.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Forum post editor

There is a drupal module for that, maybe you can look at the source: http://drupal.org/project/wysiwyg

ps. wysiwyg is probably a better search term.

Beans

Code:
    while [ true ]; do CY=$(date +%y); CM=$(date +%m); if [ -n "$PY" ] && [ -n "$PM" ]; then echo "Ubuntu ${CY}.${CM} is the worst release ever"; echo "I'm going back to ${PY}.${PM}"; fi; PY="$CY"; PM="$CM"; sleep 182d; done

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by sanderd17 View Post
    There is a drupal module for that, maybe you can look at the source: http://drupal.org/project/wysiwyg

ps. wysiwyg is probably a better search term.
    Thank you for the lead.
    btw, As I have mentioned, the site is scratch built, no cms used, so I hope it is possible to deploy wysiwyg in plain html?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by amauk View Post
    Thanks man, I think that will do

Beans
    Distro

Although elRTE is awesome, eventually I've found TinyMCE more handy. Easy to customize and manipulate.

Home page: http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Another one that I've used quite successfully was Xinha. It's been a few years but I think they are still updating it. I tried a whole bunch before settling on this one and though I don't recall details now it seemed the best back then.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by zobayer1 View Post
    Although elRTE is awesome, eventually I've found TinyMCE more handy. Easy to customize and manipulate.

Home page: http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/
    I would also recommend this one. It's easy to use and has all the common features included.
    Your left hand is touching your face.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I was just looking at tinyMCE, and I have an offhand question. Was gonna start a thread but I guess it fits here. The latest version of tinyMCE has support for HTML5, going by recent changelogs. How advanced is HTML5 support in tinyMCE 3.2.7-1, which is the version in my current enabled Ubuntu repositories on Lucid Lynx.

Anyone know? Without digging through the website?