Thread: Get dbus error message every time opening network share folder

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Get dbus error message every time opening network share folder

Hi Everytime I would open a network share folder on my ubuntu computer i would get this following message:

DBus error org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs: Mountpoint Already registered

should I do anything how can I fix this message?

Beans

Re: Get dbus error message every time opening network share folder

Me too. I am trying to share files using my home network:

1. All 3 computers use Ubuntu: 1. Ubuntu 12.04 (which is the one I want to share files from right now); 2. Ubuntu 10.04 3. Ubuntu 10.04. The last two are netbooks with Ubuntu built into easy peasy 1.6.
    2. I have a WiFi network, but computer 1 is via ethernet.
    3. I have also tried the same thing with two computers via ethernet to see if that makes any difference. It doesn't.
    4. On computer 1, I have used the application 'Personal File Sharing' (gnome-user-share) to share the files. I was able to stop the default error message about missing files by trawling through bug reports (see bug 1473760), narrowing down the possibilities, and installing two files but now I can't remember their names. I think one of them was apache-2.2 and the other had the word 'apache' in it too.
    5. There doesn't seem to be anything else that I need to do, but maybe there is.
    Last edited by el_gallo_azul; May 27th, 2012 at 06:30 AM. Reason: Add other bug reference