Thread: ClamTK missing drop down menus

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

ClamTK missing drop down menus

Hey all

I've been using ubuntu 11.04 now for a couple of months and so far i'm liking it, bit of a steep learning curve but not so bad when you get the basics.

The problem i have is that after installing ClamAV and TK the GUI is not showing the drop down menus that are present on every version i see or read about when i've been researching it.
    Is this just the version i am using 4.33?

I'm using a virus scanner as my wife receives alot of windows based files etc due to her job.

Thanks in advance for any help it's much appreciated

(drop down menus being the scan, view quarantine etc)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mahuhu; June 15th, 2011 at 12:17 AM. Reason: screenshot added

Beans

Re: ClamTK missing drop down menus

I haven't seen that before. Can you open up a terminal, and type "clamtk" without quotes? There might be some error messages coming up which could let us see what is going on. If so, please post them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by mahuhu View Post
    Hey all

I've been using ubuntu 11.04 now for a couple of months and so far i'm liking it, bit of a steep learning curve but not so bad when you get the basics.

The problem i have is that after installing ClamAV and TK the GUI is not showing the drop down menus that are present on every version i see or read about when i've been researching it.
    Is this just the version i am using 4.33?

I'm using a virus scanner as my wife receives alot of windows based files etc due to her job.

Thanks in advance for any help it's much appreciated

(drop down menus being the scan, view quarantine etc)
    Hello.

You are using the 'Unity' interface. The drop-down menus will appear when you move the mouse-pointer to the panel at the top of the screen. This happens to all applications that I have used.

If you want to use 'Classic' at the log-in screen click on the user-name and type in the password. Before you you click to log-in look at the bar at the bottom of the screen. there you will find a box with the option to change to 'Classic'.

In 'Classic' the drop-down Menus appear by default.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Ty all

The menus were at the top of the desktop screen and not the ClamTK box.
    I should of looked more carefully