Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Site not remembering login

Beans

Site not remembering login

I have the remember box checked and still have to login. I'm pretty sure it's not firefox because it auto logins on other sites. I don't post as much as I used to but when you go to post thinking your logged in, it can be a real pain.

TIA
    Bob

Beans

Re: Site not remembering login

Quote Originally Posted by bob k
    I have the remember box checked and still have to login. I'm pretty sure it's not firefox because it auto logins on other sites. I don't post as much as I used to but when you go to post thinking your logged in, it can be a real pain.

TIA
    Bob
    This may seem silly, but are you allowing the forums to set a cookie?
    ??? :: ubuntu is my OS soul mate
    UDSF :: Forum Policies :: Unanswered Posts :: Ruby :: Donate
    official ubuntu member
    :: ??????? :: so say we all

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I get that error occasionally when I have a forum window open and I click on a link in an email (since I get updates mailed to me).

Beans
    Hidden!

i never hav to login _ _ _ even after i cleared my ffox history i remade it auto login and it has stayed there [ffox 1.0
    Sylvia: Look at what you've done to him!
    Christof: I have given Truman the chance to lead a normal life. The world, the place you live in, is the sick place.

Beans

I have the Ubuntu cookies saved and have my cookies set for this session only. This setup usually works for my login sites. I will reset the cookies to normal and retest.

jdong I am posting this from a Firefox window where I closed every thing down and reopened a new browser window. I will retest and post back.

I fixed it I opened firefox set cookies to normal logged in set cookies to this session and closed firefox, reopened firefox and worked fine. I guess it just needed a new cookie.

Thanks

Bob

Bob
    Last edited by bob k; March 3rd, 2005 at 08:34 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I *always* have to log in manually - I thought it was a glitch in either my browser (Mozilla 1.73/1.75) or the forum software...
    "....I'm a user, not a programmer...."

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mark
    I *always* have to log in manually - I thought it was a glitch in either my browser (Mozilla 1.73/1.75) or the forum software...
    I fixed it but instead of a new post I edited my last post. Check it out. They have been doing some work on the site, so I figure I had to get a new cookie.

Bob

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

never had this problem
    Your freedom is worth more than you think. Take advantage of it while you can.
    I take Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Firefox doesn't remember my ubuntuforums password

The 1st time I logged into ubuntuforums with my username and password, firefox prompted me to save them.

However every time I return to this site, only my username is present in the login box.

It seems to me that when logging in, the password field is blanked. Maybe it blanked the password before firefox got a chance to save it?

This happens on my ubuntu box and on my work windows box running firefox. Strangely enough, opera has no problem remembering my username and password with the wand.

Any ideas?

Beans

Re: Firefox doesn't remember my ubuntuforums password

Quote Originally Posted by tristan
    It seems to me that when logging in, the password field is blanked. Maybe it blanked the password before firefox got a chance to save it?
    Some people do seem to have this problem with firefox, because of vbb's (our forum software) security features (i.e. blanking the password.)
    ??? :: ubuntu is my OS soul mate
    UDSF :: Forum Policies :: Unanswered Posts :: Ruby :: Donate
    official ubuntu member
    :: ??????? :: so say we all

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast