Thread: At SELF 2011... Where are we?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Exclamation At SELF 2011... Where are we?

Okay, finishing up SouthEast LinuxFest and our presence was abyssmal. The only Ubuntu table on the floor was the Ubuntu Women's one, and no Live CDs were available to browsers.

What do we need to do to get this group up and running? It seems like any activity on this forum has gone unreciprocated for about two years, if not longer.

We need to have a presence and assert a presence. Is anyone willing to help out?

-Weudel

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: At SELF 2011... Where are we?

Last year I (and a couple of other Florida Team Members) staffed the South Carolina Team booth and had hoped that that would encourage more local participation. We did all sorts of things, such as installations, troubleshooting, and Advocacy.

There was a decent presence, and there seemed to be a lot of interest in both Ubuntu and the South Carolina Team itself. I met Weudel at SELF last year and talked with him even more during this years show. He would really like to participate, but he has limited time due to restrictions and on-call schedules within his job. He mentioned that he would be interested in helping others get things off the ground.

If anyone is out there and interested in trying to grow the team, please either PM me or ping me in irc, and I will help you if you need encouragement, advice, or any other support.

Next year we should have a much greater presence at SELF, bue we need to start planning for that now!

Thanks for any input you may have in advance... Let's use this thread to discuss ideas on getting a nice, strong, South Carolina Team presence at next years show!!

Thanks for your time,

Chris C.
    itnet7/irc.freenode.net

Beans
    Distro

Jesse, our fearless leader, has announced via the mailing list that we will be having a meeting soon. I'm looking forward to getting this thing back up and running.

Beans

Indeed I have and I"m organizing it as we speak
    You Rock and You Rule!
    Fedora 15
    Ubuntu SC Team Leader

Beans

Any new update on a meeting??? I'm very interested in becoming an active member of this group.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by grmreaper View Post
    Any new update on a meeting??? I'm very interested in becoming an active member of this group.
    I'll see if I can get an answer.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by weudel View Post
    I'll see if I can get an answer.
    Thanks!!!