Thread: Can't locate Edubuntu 11.04 Disc

Beans

Question Can't locate Edubuntu 11.04 Disc

Hi, I tried to locate sources for Edubuntu on the local za site. I actually found two but am unable to create a user as the Captcha image won't load.

Can anyone help me with a disk via mail?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Can't locate Edubuntu 11.04 Disc

Not trying to derail, but how come the Captcha will not load? Can Ad-blocking hurt Captcha? (I don't really know)

Don't know if this is helpful, because it's not the local site to which you are referring, but have you tried any of these downloads or for that matter, the torrent?

http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/edubuntu/r...11.04/release/

I always use the torrent when I can.
    Last edited by desktorp; June 8th, 2011 at 10:23 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

As desktorp said, I don't know what you are talking about with regards to the captcha. Are you talking about the Ubuntu-ZA site?

Where are you based?

Beans

I was referring to the Za site. There is a section where you can locate people who have already downloaded a specific version of Ubuntu so that you can arrange to get it by mail instead of downloading a large ISO. Upon registration I could not see the Captcha picture - which by the way does show up on all the 999 othe websites I used this month.

Ended up downloading all of the 2.7GB of edubuntu and forfeiting more than half of my monthly cap. Would like to get registered on the za sharing site still so that I van at least offer the distros I have to others close by.

I also recently learned that Blug is alive even though their website and mailing list has been inactive for years.

By the way I'm in Bloemfontein

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Well, the CAPTCHA is definitely working now.

Why don't you sign up to the mailing list? That's where all the action is. Almost no one uses the forums, and not everyone on the mailing list is on the site (and on the Get Ubuntu part of the site either).