Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Firefox is already running..."

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: "Firefox is already running..."

Quote Originally Posted by I2k4 View Post
    As to how to kill processes, the simpler the better.
    People have the same problem no matter the platform.

Many committed Ubuntu users don't realize that the future of operating systems is invisibility (that's why Chrome is hiding Linux under its browser in the "revolutionary" Chrome OS.)
    No...the commited users of Ubuntu don't have this problem, but you might receive a different reply from commited Linux users.

I don't love Google, but I agree that operating systems are inherently boring functional platforms for useful or enjoyable software, and should just bloody work with as little fuss as possible for users who should and will focus on work or fun with the software, not with the OS.
    Perfect world.....in which you can pay according to the level of functionality you would prefer..
    Last edited by jtarin; June 8th, 2011 at 03:14 AM.
    EasyBCD.
    PrintersDatabase
    Boot Info Script: How to
    The post above and the post below suffer from the Rashomon effect!

Beans

After installing Ubuntu I install a app called "Task manager" (install with software centre) if you get the firefox already running mesage just run task manger then find firefox in the list of running tasks and right click it and select Kill task. I think its a problem with unity because it sometimes happens to me usually running firefox for the first time after boot up.
    Last edited by roadrash; April 12th, 2013 at 11:20 AM.
    User #386576 with the Linux Counter, http://counter.li.org

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

If a post is older than a year or so and hasn't had a new reply in that time, instead of replying to it, create a new thread. In the software world, a lot can change in a very short time, and doing things this way makes it more likely that you will find the best information. You may link to the original discussion in the new thread if you think it may be helpful.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags - Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    Never assume that the information provided by Dr Google is up-to-date or relevant.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12