Thread: KDE desktop folder

beew is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans

KDE desktop folder

Hi,

I am playing with a Kubuntu live usb, on the desktop there is a transparent rectangle called 'desktop'. I accidentally closed it by clicking the box with an X . I am wondering how to get it back.

I can't explain this very well, so I am attaching two screenshots , the first one is what the desktop looks like out of the box and the second (right) is mine. Notice in mine the rectangle thingy on the upper left corner in left picture is missing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: KDE desktop folder

I would also like to know this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by beew View Post
    Hi,

I am playing with a Kubuntu live usb, on the desktop there is a transparent rectangle called 'desktop'. I accidentally closed it by clicking the box with an X . I am wondering how to get it back.

I can't explain this very well, so I am attaching two screenshots , the first one is what the desktop looks like out of the box and the second (right) is mine. Notice in mine the rectangle thingy on the upper left corner in left picture is missing.
    Its called a "Plasmoid"
    Right click your desktop and select widgets. Then add the Folder view widget.
    Also I believe you can just drag the Desktop (or any folder for that matter) folder from Dolphin onto the desktop.
    Last edited by BrandonC19; June 8th, 2011 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Added another method
    “Flow with whatever may happen, and let your mind be free: Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate.”
    ― Zhuangzi

Beans
    Hidden!

EasyBCD.
    PrintersDatabase
    Boot Info Script: How to
    The post above and the post below suffer from the Rashomon effect!