Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you completely switched to Windows?

Hybrid View

How many of you completely switched to Windows?

I want to erase Linux, but unfortunately, I'm still a command line user at heart. How many of you have completely switched to Windows?

Tip: It's a joke thread, so have fun with it.
    [ Fuduntu.org ] - [ Fuduntu Forum ] - [ Fuduntu Blog ] - [ Fuduntu Wiki ]

For a classic desktop with the latest apps, get Fuduntu!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Re: How many of you completely switched to Windows?

The stability and lack of viruses made me homesick of Windows, so I fleeted back in a heartbeat once Windows 7 came out. Suddenly, all my familiar errors and maladies returned. Good bye, Linux.

Beans

Ah, the sweet sound of the hard disks being read when no apps are running and updates requiring a restart when I am in the middle of doing something important, like replying to a joke thread.

I used W7 for like 15 minutes this morning. Once it finished updates, then restarted, I just let grub take me to my happy place.
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

If you want to emulate the complexity of the Linux CLI in Windows, then I believe there's a Kinect plug-in available for Windows7 cmd.exe

You use the Kinect controller to gesture at your command line such commands as 'regsvr32' (both hands in the air) 'cd \Windows\System32' (touch knee with forehead) and 'ipconfig' (stand on one foot)

Beans

I just couldn't stand the multiple Workspaces in Linux and it really bugged me how the OS could only take a small amount of my huge RAM. With Windows, I really feel the system working most notably in the lag of opening the file browser and other small programs, thus I know that my computer power is fully utilized.

Thanks MS.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Quote Originally Posted by 3Miro View Post
    I just couldn't stand the multiple Workspaces in Linux and it really bugged me how the OS could only take a small amount of my huge RAM. With Windows, I really feel the system working most notably in the lag of opening the file browser and other small programs, thus I know that my computer power is fully utilized.

Thanks MS.
    hahhahahahaahha

you know what it even utilizes my virtual ram in virtualbox !! oh my lord pries him with viruses !!

well i m not going to keep that one even in VMs... good bye sweat heart you've been a real pain in my a**
    "Well son, the first thing you can do is - stop complaining." - Dad with love.
    Question Everything !!!

I finally got Windows installed. When I boot it says something about being 3.10, is that a sub version of 7? It must be. It is really fast, and pretty too. The lunix people could learn a thing or two that's for sure.

I took a screenshot, after you see this you will know why Windows has more marketshare.

Everything works too except my usb keyboard, and mouse, my network card, and video. That's ok though, I have another computer to use on the internet and to type stuff on. I'm using another computer right now to make this post!

I would say it works perfectly! 10 of 10.
    Last edited by fuduntu; June 9th, 2011 at 04:01 AM.
    [ Fuduntu.org ] - [ Fuduntu Forum ] - [ Fuduntu Blog ] - [ Fuduntu Wiki ]

For a classic desktop with the latest apps, get Fuduntu!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 18.04 Bionic Beaver

A very good work from 'fubuntu'. But that version of windows lack of REGISTRY

This is another incredible, gigantic and fantastic work from Microsoft.
    Everyday I enjoy cleaning for hours the Registry, when some lazy 'Reg-tools' refuse to do.
    A really unique experience. Five stars to Registry:
    Last edited by KL_72_TR; June 9th, 2011 at 07:29 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by fuduntu View Post
    I finally got Windows installed. When I boot it says something about being 3.10, is that a sub version of 7? It must be. It is really fast, and pretty too. The lunix people could learn a thing or two that's for sure.

I took a screenshot, after you see this you will know why Windows has more marketshare.

Everything works too except my usb keyboard, and mouse, my network card, and video. That's ok though, I have another computer to use on the internet and to type stuff on. I'm using another computer right now to make this post!

All I see in that screenshot is an interface design that has obviously been stolen from KDE.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by fuduntu View Post
    Windows is like a young , innocent girl before the marriage. A year from now it will turn into an ugly, nagging wife.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast