Thread: HP Pavilion g7-1033cl ralink rt5390sta wireless problem

Hybrid View

Beans

HP Pavilion g7-1033cl ralink rt5390sta wireless problem

First off i do realize this post has been issued/resolved before but i have tried everything possible and I am still having troubles.

I just got a new laptop, Model: HP Pavilion g7-1033cl (64bit) and it has a Ralink RT5390STA wireless card.

Anyways...When i install Ubuntu 11.04 w/wubi.exe i am having troubles getting it to find my wireless connection, i have tried to manually enter in my SSID all that good jazz and still no success, i have also gone to "additional drivers" and it finds nothing. I have even google searched it and found some solutions but i seem to fail at following them.

Here is what i have been following: http://atinfinity.wordpress.com/2011...-ubuntu-11-04/
    then when i get to entering the command into terminal i get "No such file or directory"

Here is my main problem. Please help!
    Last edited by R3cKL3SS_aM; June 7th, 2011 at 05:44 AM.

Beans

Re: HP Pavilion g7-1033cl ralink rt5390sta wireless problem

No one? Would really appreciate any and all tips/help!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Your problem is a common one and simple to resolve. According to your terminal prompt:
    eddie@ubuntu:~$
    The terminal is in your user directory, abbreviated in Linux-land as ~. That is not where the RT5370 Makefile and patches are located. So, first, you need to change directories (cd) to the correct location. Where did you download and extract the RT5370 files? To your desktop? To the folder called Downloads? Let's assume it's on your desktop. Then you need to do:
    Code:
    cd Desktop/2010_1216_RT5390_LinuxSTA_V2.4.0.4_WiFiBTCombo_DPO
    If you then list the contents of the folder (ls) and you see the Makefile and all the patch files listed, you are good to go!
    Code:
    ls
    Then run your patches as outlined in the tutorial you linked and continue with the compile and installation.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by chili555 View Post
    Your problem is a common one and simple to resolve. According to your terminal prompt:The terminal is in your user directory, abbreviated in Linux-land as ~. That is not where the RT5370 Makefile and patches are located. So, first, you need to change directories (cd) to the correct location. Where did you download and extract the RT5370 files? To your desktop? To the folder called Downloads? Let's assume it's on your desktop. Then you need to do:
    Code:
    cd Desktop/2010_1216_RT5390_LinuxSTA_V2.4.0.4_WiFiBTCombo_DPO
    If you then list the contents of the folder (ls) and you see the Makefile and all the patch files listed, you are good to go!
    Code:
    ls
    Then run your patches as outlined in the tutorial you linked and continue with the compile and installation.
    Thank you so so much. You just made my life 10x easier. Worked perfectly with no problems whatsoever.