Hi All - ok this is a weird one. This system has been doing this before but I put it down to a glitch to start with though now that ive reinstalled Ubuntu from scratch its obviously something else.

Im running 10.04 on a PC (not the iMac in my signature) which uses a Buffalo WLI-U2-KG125S "AirStation-Wireless-G" USB stick.

When I run from the Live CD, from cold, it will find the wi-fi straight away and I can log on to my wireless.

Now that I've installed though, when I go into Ubuntu my wi-fi isnt there. However, if I restart the system, boot into windows and then reboot again, Ubuntu finds it. Previously, id just got into the habit of booting into windows, then restarting and going into ubuntu as no matter what you do, ubuntu wont find the wi-fi first time in from cold.

I did think that perhaps it was something at bios level, that perhaps windows 'triggered' something that activated the wi-fi and this needed doing before ubuntu would pick it up though this (rather poor) theory is defeated by the LiveCD picking everything up first time.

Anyone got any ideas how I can solve this small but irritating bug?

Many thanks,