Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Winbuntu!

Beans
    Distro
    Edubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Wink Re: Winbuntu!

wow ! is it a side work for you?
    you need to have Wine and other program's that run windows thing!

i liked it

Beans

Re: Winbuntu!

Its like GNOMEXP.... this one is good old GNOME 2.31 with a Windows 7 interface. If you're coming from Windows, you'll feel right at home!

They'll have to change the name since both Canonical and Microsoft don't look on it kindly for legal reasons.

And what's the pointing of skinning Ubuntu to look like Windows?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by NormanFLinux; June 5th, 2011 at 10:38 PM.

Beans

I like it too, but also couldn't download. Error 403 I would like to download and try it out in VM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Quote Originally Posted by xpluto View Post
    wow ! is it a side work for you?
    you need to have Wine and other program's that run windows thing!

i liked it
    Actually yes. Lol, this IS a side project. We're working on a real custom distro called PowerOn Linux,
    and all Winbuntu is is just sort of a "test" to see how the custom distro thing worked out, to see if we could actually get what we want. And is just the first Alpha release, were still working on WINE integration. Thanks for the feedback!
    “Flow with whatever may happen, and let your mind be free: Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate.”
    ― Zhuangzi

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by NormanFLinux View Post
    Its like GNOMEXP.... this one is good old GNOME 2.31 with a Windows 7 interface. If you're coming from Windows, you'll feel right at home!

They'll have to change the name since both Canonical and Microsoft don't look on it kindly for legal reasons.

And what's the pointing of skinning Ubuntu to look like Windows?
    Thanks for the compliment! And yea the name and interface wi be changed soon, this is just a quick and dirty deal to gt everything out and up and running. And the point of skinning it is just to make sure I could actually get it to look how I wanted, using a pre-existing template of the Windows look as opposed to coming up with a custom theme just for testing purposes. Thanks for the feedback!
    Last edited by BrandonC19; June 6th, 2011 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Typo
    “Flow with whatever may happen, and let your mind be free: Stay centered by accepting whatever you are doing. This is the ultimate.”
    ― Zhuangzi

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by prohp View Post
    lol, look nice
    which desktop manager do you use?
    and which template?

btw, i can't download (error 403)
    I'ts a Gnome re-theme, using a mish-mash of random themes/parts.
    And sorry about t link, it should be fixed now.
    ― Zhuangzi

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperSteve View Post
    Man, let people do whatever makes them happy. Geez.

@OP: Looks nice! I wouldnt use it though, i'm somewhat allergic to Windows. However a "Macbuntu" of sorts would be right up my alley! XD
    Thanks for defending our project, your kindness is greatly appreciated. Actually Mabuntux was the inspiration for this project. Here's their website: http://www.mabuntux.tk/
    ― Zhuangzi

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonC19 View Post
    Actually Mabuntux was the inspiration for this project. Here's their website: http://www.mabuntux.tk/
    Thanks for the link,downloading it right now. Looks exactly like OS X.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonC19 View Post
    Thanks for defending our project, your kindness is greatly appreciated. Actually Mabuntux was the inspiration for this project. Here's their website: http://www.mabuntux.tk/
    No problem, it just get tiring seeing people complain about that all the time.

Thanks for the link! I'm trying to download it but there's only one seeder! 0.5kb per seconds! XD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by TheSuperSteve View Post
    No problem, it just get tiring seeing people complain about that all the time.

Thanks for the link! I'm trying to download it but there's only one seeder! 0.5kb per seconds! XD
    Where did you download the torrent from? I'm using linuxtracker and have 2 seeders at about 60kb. Strange.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast