Thread: Help with Quicklists?

Beans

Help with Quicklists?

Ok, so I'm trying to do this:
    http://www.techdrivein.com/2011/05/t...104-natty.html

The problem is, when I get to the part where I have to open the file in gedit, it says it can't open it, file not found, or something or other..So, when I manually browse to the directory '.local/share/..' there is no folder named 'applications,' only a text file. When I open it, it appears to be the home launcher file, but its in the wrong place and has the wrong name. What's going on? Shouldn't there be a folder there with my applications in it? Anyone know anything?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Help with Quicklists?

Run the first command terminal . Copy , paste and enter the second line in the terminal and the file will open in Gedit automatically . Continue with the rest of the instructions .

They way the instruction is worded , it reads as though you're to search for a file , when in fact you are opening the file with the second command.
    Last edited by Frogs Hair; June 4th, 2011 at 10:27 PM.
    "Our intention creates our reality. "

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Flavors

Beans

Actually, I tried that, it opens gedit, but it says the file/directory cannot be found, which is what prompted me to search for the file manually.

Beans
    Distro

I don't know what's happening then , I just added the software center quick list using the same instructions.
    Last edited by Frogs Hair; June 4th, 2011 at 11:12 PM.

Beans

Yeah its pretty weird...I did it a while back with success but then I accidentally deleted my ubuntu partition instead of my windows partition. X] Ever since then its been doing this. Maybe if I could find the file that backed up and move it back to the right directory? I looked and I can't find it in my home directory.
    Last edited by Phaze08; June 4th, 2011 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Typos

Beans
    Distro

I found Nautilus-Home.desktop in the file system and the the quick list is actually in .local /share / applications in my hidden / home folder. This doesn't look like the file I opened when creating the quick list.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Frogs Hair; June 5th, 2011 at 12:01 AM.

Beans

My probem is, THERE IS NO /applications folder in /.local/share lol. Also, when I search in my file system, it doesn't find the file....nor is there is a hidden .home directory in file system or home folder. I wasnt sure which one it was in so I checked both....to no avail.