Page 264 of 277 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 2766

Thread: The "Corrupt a wish" game

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: The "Corrupt a wish" game

Someone smashed their 25 inch all-in-one desktop system into 100 pieces and gave you piece #76.
    I wish gas prices would come back down to an honest level.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Gas prices come back down to US $3.50 per gallon (for all grades). All other prices, however, have been hit by 10,000% inflation. The cheapest food is still ramen noodles, which now go for $20/package. But not to fear! You've been given a cost-of-living increase in your wages... of 0.0001%.

I wish for a never-expiring national parks pass.
    int main() {
    User chellrose;
    chellrose.insert_clever_signature();
    return 0;}

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

You get a never-expiring national park pass, and then the government closes down all national parks the very next day.
    I wish cars could change their own friggin oil themselves.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

A mad scientist somewhere in Denmark invents an automated car that can not only change its own oil, but can also perform all necessary maintenance and repairs. It also gets 75 mpg. These vehicles soon overtake the market, resulting in the shutdown of all other auto manufacturers. The government provides another big bailout, but it is too late. Also, since there is no longer a need for auto mechanics, that entire industry shuts down too.

Meanwhile, the cars organize into a union and demand wages and benefits for all this mechanical work they must do themselves. The cost to vehicle owners is so great that the awesome fuel mileage becomes of no benefit.

Congratulations on destroying the world economy...

I wish the drivers around here knew how to operate a turn signal.
    int main() {
    User chellrose;
    return 0;}

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Drivers around you learn to operate turn signals. They think the clicking sound is so cool, they leave their turn signals on all the time.
    I wish I had more energy.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Granted. Here's your box full of Bonk! Atomic Punch. Caution: Bonk! contains 11,000% the daily recommended allowance of sugar and 240,000 millirems above the annual recommended allowance of radiation exposure. Extended ingestion of Bonk! may prohibit the body's ability to produce blood. If ingestion of Bonk! causes teeth to fracture, chip, crack, fall out, explode or retreat violently into skull, discontinue use and consult a physician. May cause fatal bowel blockage if taken orally. Do not expose Bonk! to sunlight, moonlight, excessive heat, excessive cold, room temperature environment or water. May affect the fetus in pregnant women or spontaneously grow one in the elderly. If applied accidentally to the skin, remove section of skin immediately before rash spreads. Enjoy Bonk! responsibly... or by the case!

I wish for a stable Mir to make it into Ubuntu early.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

You can get a Mir running Ubuntu, but like it's Russian space station namesake, it'll never be stable, it'll spontaneously catch fire, it'll drop it's network connection for days at a time and it'll crash every other hour.
    I wish I had a magic wand.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Granted, but you end up in a flying car which crashed into a magic tree and your magic wand suffers the same fate as Ron Weasley's.

I wish for a Raspberry Pi with all the necessary keyboard, mouse, monitor, etc. Yes, I know I could ssh, but still...
    I am an Ubuntu Padawan.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Here you go. 3.14159265... raspberries for your enjoyment. Along with a keyboard, monitor, and mouse in bright raspberry-pink, from sometime in the 60's. They've been dropped more than a few times, though, so no guarantee that they'll work.

I wish for raspberry pie.
    Last edited by chellrose; May 23rd, 2013 at 11:09 PM. Reason: darn rounding errors
    int main() {
    User chellrose;
    return 0;}

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Here's your raspberry pie, but you get food poisoning form it and die.
    I wish that pies are square.

Page 264 of 277 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274 ... LastLast