Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Totem embeded with mozplugger (At Last!)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

Re: HOWTO: Totem embeded with mozplugger (At Last!)

You are GOD! I've waited ages for a personnage like to grace the presence of the hallowed ubuntu forums!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by darkmatter
    Make sure to install totem-xine, w32codecs, libquicktime, and any other media formats that you want playback capability for.
    I have all of those things installed and still no luck.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by WebbyBabe
    I have all of those things installed and still no luck.
    hello everybody i just want to let you guys know thank you for all this great info am not using ubuntu but debian since ubuntu is built on debian i follow all the info in the forum and i have to said am very happy just keep the good work.

Beans

sorry about the qoute it was not my intention i just wanted to said all the info is grate thz.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

anyone happen to get the xm radio feed working (available at: http://xmro.xmradio.com/xstream/index.jsp)? I get the little visualization in the player window, but no sound. However, if I view the source and see that it is pointing to:
    http://player.xmradio.com/hotstream/...557&h=64786f65

[I changed the values of the s e and h for this post (see the link for the full url)]

so, after reading something about launching totem from the command line at least once, so I ran:
    which launches totem, but I get a login error (I'm using my legitimate usr/pwd). In the console I get this though:
    Code:
    [1] 20396
    [2] 20397
    [3] 20398
    [4] 20399
    [2]   Done                    speed=low
    [3]   Done                    s=121326557
    [4]   Done                    e=121326557
    and eventually:
    Code:
    StreamCount r=0x0  1  1
    Total Unfree 60 bytes cnt 1 [(nil),0]
    My gut feeling is the parameters are too long, or there are too many of them. The same output is seen when running gxine.

So, my question is, has anyone gotten the XM Radio player to work [I think you can sign up for a 3 day trial]?

Any ideas?
    mb.
    Last edited by mbeach; September 13th, 2005 at 02:55 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

where did the txt file go

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

The script worked great for me in Hoary. However a new era of Linux has come, and it's name is Breezy Badger as you'd might have noticed
    The Breezy installer appearantly overwrote my old config. Are there any plans to adapt the mozplugger file for Breezy so i can watch trailers at Apple again? Or should the Hoary file still be compatible? I checked the new mozplugger file and it does seem to handle files different than this version...

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Mon
    The script worked great for me in Hoary. However a new era of Linux has come, and it's name is Breezy Badger as you'd might have noticed
    The Breezy installer appearantly overwrote my old config. Are there any plans to adapt the mozplugger file for Breezy so i can watch trailers at Apple again? Or should the Hoary file still be compatible? I checked the new mozplugger file and it does seem to handle files different than this version...
    This works for my Breezy, only thing it seems not to handle is the apple/trailers (.mov).
    I following the "hoary" instruction.
    Best regards

/madzzoni
    #ubuntu 5.04 + 5.10 & OS X 10.4 | Ubuntuguide in danish (DK) | myBLOG | My favorit book?... is my iBook G4!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by madzzoni
    This works for my Breezy, only thing it seems not to handle is the apple/trailers (.mov).
    I following the "hoary" instruction.
    Same thing here, I don't know why but apple.com trailers don't work, totem loads but an error occurs that goes like : "there was no plugin to handle this" (rough translation from french).

Beans
    Hidden!

do you have the quicktime files installed ie:libquicktime
    Advantages and Disadvantages of 64bit.(Plus install Guides)

‘In search of some small measure of peace, that we all seek, and few of us ever find.’

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast