Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Totem embeded with mozplugger (At Last!)

Beans

Re: HOWTO: Totem embeded with mozplugger (At Last!)

For those of us who are mentally challanged, could someone please put these instructions in a form a moron like me can follow? I've just installed Ubuntu on a test box and I'd like to try this out before I do the same to my main box. Thanks.
    LongTooth
    Houston, Texas

Beans

Awesome! this worked great

Funny thing though, sometimes when I try to open up a windows media stream the image won't show until I pause the stream and restart it. Ah whatever, at least it's working..

Beans
    Hidden!

Only *problem* I'm having with this is totem wanting for some reason to play the video with hardly any downloaded data [my xDSL is not as fast as totem wants to stream videos @ times ] .
    Sylvia: Look at what you've done to him!
    Christof: I have given Truman the chance to lead a normal life. The world, the place you live in, is the sick place.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bored2k
    Only *problem* I'm having with this is totem wanting for some reason to play the video with hardly any downloaded data [my xDSL is not as fast as totem wants to stream videos @ times ] .
    This is more due to xine than Totem. There's supposed to be a way to increase the number of buffers xine uses but I'm not sure how to do it. This might make streaming videos a little smoother.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Nis
    This is more due to xine than Totem. There's supposed to be a way to increase the number of buffers xine uses but I'm not sure how to do it. This might make streaming videos a little smoother.
    You made this howto, do you know at least where can I look for this option ? its really sad I can't watch trailers at large/fscreen size without the video doing the slow motion robot dance..
    Christof: I have given Truman the chance to lead a normal life. The world, the place you live in, is the sick place.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by bored2k
    You made this howto, do you know at least where can I look for this option ? its really sad I can't watch trailers at large/fscreen size without the video doing the slow motion robot dance..
    I did a quick Google search but I couldn't find anything. Sorry.

Beans

Cool! This even kind of wokrs with Opera.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Nis
    I did a quick Google search but I couldn't find anything. Sorry.
    I can't even find somewhere to contact developers :\ .

Beans

As of two days ago the official Totem Mozilla plugin is working. While this won't make Hoary maybe we'll see a backport of it (hint, hint jdong). It will probably requre the latest Totem so it might be too much for a backport but there's always hope. Let's see if this HOWTO can be made obsolete.

Beans

Sorry guys. I've tried many things that have messed up my system. So fear of the unknown is not something that will stop me. But I still don't get it. I'm excited about enabling embeded streaming video on my machine but I don't know what to do. So, be kind and take me by the hand, please. What are the steps? Can't decipher Nis' HowTo. Thanks.
    LongTooth
    Houston, Texas

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast