Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: Totem embeded with mozplugger (At Last!)

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: HOWTO: Totem embeded with mozplugger (At Last!)

Quote Originally Posted by fsman
    can someone suggest a good site to test that this is working. On BTyahoo video section I select Windows Media player - totem starts with video but no sound
    http://www.gamespot.com/gslive/index.html
    http://www.apple.com/trailers/
    Sylvia: Look at what you've done to him!
    Christof: I have given Truman the chance to lead a normal life. The world, the place you live in, is the sick place.

Beans

I made sure the Packages were installed, removed the .txt extension and copied the file, and rm ~/.mozilla/firefox/pluginreg.dat

When I try to strean a .wmv file the white Mplayerplug-in screen runs and nothing it just loads and loads.....

What do I do?

EDIT: I deleted the file again, guess I had to save when I shut down the box?
    Last edited by greenwom; June 29th, 2005 at 03:18 AM. Reason: Fixed it

Beans

It doesn't seem to work of the streaming Daily Show clips either. Is there a way to fix this?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Moosferatu
    It doesn't seem to work of the streaming Daily Show clips either. Is there a way to fix this?
    for me it even works in opera!

Beans

any chance you can add to the first post all the additional stuff you may have to do to install it so it works? like installing codecs and stuff like that......cause i am a true noob to this and instructions that are not STEP BY STEP or need additional stuff lose me totally......like assuming i know where things r in this topy turvy non-dos world of linux.........

i HATE windows with a passion..and i love what linux is all about.....but i cant swim here yet....and im not the only one.....the esyer it is the more converts we will have...i implore you to go by K.I.S.S.

Beans
    Hidden!

Exellent. Even wma streams play perfectly. Tested on many sites, Dreamland is a good example.

-- UDSF | Tango Desktop Project --

-- openSUSE 11.3 / Ubuntu 10.04 --

Beans

As an alternative you can install totem with builtin mozilla-plugin, it'll even show controls on videos then.

Beans

Lightbulb Re: HOWTO: Totem embeded with mozplugger (At Last!)

In other words:

# please open a terminal (right click on desktop, and choose the first menu item: open new terminal)
    # get access to the files as root: (will ask for root user's password)
    sudo su
    # extend the list of available updates by modify the line by adding universe (and probably the multiverse) option to it:
    # deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu hoary main restricted universe multiverse
    vim /etc/apt/sources.list
    # now you have to update the list of available software updates
    apt-get update
    # and you can do the install of the codecs (coder-decocoder) by:
    apt-get install totem-xine
    # at this point you probably will be able to open most of the files and you can watch them and you can hear them. I hope I have saved some for you

A comment should be added:
    you can check the file (/etc/apt/sources.list) by using the menu: System/Administration/Update manager
    Then please select "Ubuntu 5.04 binary" (or whatever you have except the CD) and click 'edit'. On the panel you will find the 'Groups' section where 'main restricted' appears. If you change it to 'main restricted universe multiverse' (then save) then you did the same changes as i described above, so you can open the terminal for update and install.

Beans

I can't get this to work. All I get is a black box with the controls on the bottom.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by WebbyBabe
    I can't get this to work. All I get is a black box with the controls on the bottom.
    Make sure to install totem-xine, w32codecs, libquicktime, and any other media formats that you want playback capability for.

-- UDSF | Tango Desktop Project --

-- openSUSE 11.3 / Ubuntu 10.04 --

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast