Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aldabra (Adwaita GTK2 theme)

Beans

Aldabra (Adwaita GTK2 theme)

Aldabra is a GTK2 theme that uses the Murrine and Pixmap engines to mimic the look of Adwaita, the default GNOME 3 theme.

The goal of this theme is to provide visual consistency between GTK2 and GTK3 applications. It is a work in progress: over the next few days, I hope to add accurate buttons and to fix application-specific issues.

Anyone is welcome to rename, package, or otherwise distribute the theme (in whole or in part). Constructive feedback is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Aldabra is now available on GNOME-look.org.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ceramicm; June 18th, 2011 at 07:51 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Aldabra (Adwaita GTK2 theme)

Sort of related, if any Arch users read this thread, a package is available from AUR. https://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=49459

P.S. It would be simpler to package if the file were a .tar.gz or .tar as opposed to a .zip file- it may help me keep the file up to date more easily since I could directly source your gnome-look file. And if the version number is in the filename that's even better, but here I am being a perfectionist once again. XD Great job, I think this is gonna' get pretty popular over the summer.

Beans

Uploaded a .tar.gz to GNOME-look. File contents have not changed, only archive format. Could someone verify that the file can still be downloaded and uncompressed? I have had trouble recently with .tar.gz files in Fedora 15.

Thanks murderslastcrow, for uploading Aldabra to AUR.

Beans
    Distro

Thanks for changing it- how very odd, though. It says it's not gzipped and gives an error, but if I just renamed it from tar.gz to tar it uncompresses just fine. So maybe compressing to a tar would be the way to go for now, since I can't open the tar.gz. I can confirm it on several different distros, so I don't think it's specific to one of us.

So yeah, .tar is probably the easiest route to go. And you're welcome- hopefully we can get an official Adwaita GTK 2 theme sometime in the near future. You know, before there are no more GTK 2 applications. XD Keep up the good work.

Beans

New version (0.5.1) attached to first post and on GNOME-look.org. Fixed expanders and changed archive format to .tar because of problems uncompressing .tar.gz.

Edit: Another new version (0.5.2) in the same places. Fixed Firefox menubar selected text color.
    Last edited by ceramicm; May 31st, 2011 at 07:25 PM.

Beans

Someone asked about native Firefox tabs on the Aldabra GNOME-look page. If anyone here is interested: First, unselect "Tabs on Top" in Firefox. Then, create a userChrome.css file in $HOME/.mozilla/firefox/[profile].default/chrome. Paste this (http://pastebin.com/HEqfuyCi) into the userChrome.css file and restart Firefox.

The active tab is overlapped on the right, I'm still working on that.

Beans
    Distro

Wow- didn't know we could change the tabs in Firefox, that's great. Thanks for keeping us updated- things seem to be working very well now. Just a few modifications and you could probably call this a 0.9, if not a 1.0. Thanks for devoting your time to this. You're obviously pretty talented at adapting themes.

Beans

Thanks! New version (0.6) includes Adwaita styled checkboxes and radiobuttons. They are not applied perfectly yet. Please let me know if you find regressions.

Beans
    Distro

Radio buttons and checkboxes are looking sweet. Aside from the button widget, what else is left to do from a visual standpoint?

Beans

I don't know of anything else besides buttons and app-specific tweaks. If anyone notices something that needs work, please comment.

I uploaded a new version of the Firefox userChrome.css here. Not much has changed. I added the Adwaita toolbar background and resized some elements. Still havent't figured out how to fix tab overlap. Screenshot attached.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ceramicm; June 1st, 2011 at 10:15 AM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast