Thread: how to manualy configure sceen,graphic card, input device setting manualy?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

how to manualy configure sceen,graphic card, input device setting manualy?

Hi there.

I have installed ubuntu 11.04 on windows 7 using wubi installer.

Everythig was going perfect just before 1 hour. Then i installed Compiz Configuration Manager & changed some settigs using it. After that changed my system hanged & i had to use hardware key to restart my computer. After that when syatem restarted I'm having a dialog box showing following error.

your screen graphic card & input device setting could not be detected correctly . you will need to configure these your self.

Also i'm not having any graphic card in my pc & processor is intel core 2 duo.
    Now i'm not able to loginto ubuntu so please tell me that what is the solution for this problem??
    thanking in advance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: how to manualy configure sceen,graphic card, input device setting manualy?

You would need to boot Ubuntu into the command line:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/20628...server-problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by vat with tux View Post
    Hi there.

I have installed ubuntu 11.04 on windows 7 using wubi installer.

Everythig was going perfect just before 1 hour. Then i installed Compiz Configuration Manager & changed some settigs using it. After that changed my system hanged & i had to use hardware key to restart my computer. After that when syatem restarted I'm having a dialog box showing following error.

Also i'm not having any graphic card in my pc & processor is intel core 2 duo.
    Now i'm not able to loginto ubuntu so please tell me that what is the solution for this problem??
    thanking in advance.
    Hi, you can use this to get into recovery mode.
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/RecoveryMode then I think the simple thiing to do would be to use this command and let it run for about three minutes.
    Code:
    unity --reset
    then you should be able to enable your video card drive again if you have to.
    Last edited by wildmanne39; May 31st, 2011 at 08:40 AM. Reason: add text

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

hey thanks a lot to both of u. It's solved. I need to use

apt-get install ubuntu-desktop
    command to recover my desktop.
    But by only using above command I wasn't able to use unity environment means system was working fine only with classic GNOME env.

So to reset unity need to use

unity --reset
    Again thanks a lot to both of you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by vat with tux View Post
    hey thanks a lot to both of u. It's solved. I need to use

command to recover my desktop.
    But by only using above command I wasn't able to use unity environment means system was working fine only with classic GNOME env.

So to reset unity need to use

Again thanks a lot to both of you.
    Hi, your welcome and it will tell you a lot of errors dont worry about them but let it run for about 3 minutes to let it finish.
    Last edited by wildmanne39; May 31st, 2011 at 10:15 AM. Reason: take out text