Page 58 of 259 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 2585

Thread: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

  1. #571

    Talking Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    It's just... I'm a fanatic, when it comes to things like spacing and alignment. I can't leave "well enough" alone. Look at how often I change my wallpaper. One day it looks fine, the next day I hate it.

    As an aside, some of the oldskool Conky veterans *thought* I was messing with ppl's minds by using dot-font sizes, like 7.35 or 7.55. That is, until one of them actually did a side-by-side comparison, proving there was a visible difference between 7 and (say) 7.25 et cetera.

    If something is off by 1-pixel, it drives me mad. LoL!

    And, sometimes, I simply prefer "Full" to "Full Moon", depending on what I'm doing with my script.
    Huuahhahaha

    Yes I understand that and in fact after I sent in that post I also noticed the Full in place of Full Moon and realized you dilemma if I may put it like that

    Also I realized how much functionality has gone into conkywx last release - I in fact wanted to have the ability to fix the Station name and make a procedure for that - spent a couple of days working the logic till I realized I already had it in place "use_template_cleanup" - plus you can do all you ever wanted - even moon thing - gawd this is goooood

    Well I guess if you build it - they will come [ Kevin Costner - Field of Dreams ]

    AND thank you again for all the kind words !!!

  2. #572

    Smile Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    Quote Originally Posted by sparker256 View Post
    @ paramvir

    Here is a quick desktop of how my conkywx 0.7.8 is looking. The metar is a welcome addition for me and thanks for that. I am also looking at what other things that have been included in this version.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5z4guxlm8m...4-oct-2012.png

    Bill
    That looks great with metar info in as well - you are welcome

  3. #573
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Beans
    2,991
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    I installed Conkywx 0.7.8 on Ubu 10.10 (Conky 1.8.0, Gnome 2, Linux 2.6.35).




    Already tested it on Unity, Gnome 3, LXDE/Openbox.

    Works fine on everything I've run it against!
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

  4. #574

    Talking Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    I installed Conkywx 0.7.8 on Ubu 10.10 (Conky 1.8.0, Gnome 2, Linux 2.6.35).
    Already tested it on Unity, Gnome 3, LXDE/Openbox.
    Works fine on everything I've run it against!
    woooooowwww that is great ...

    Thankxxxx

  5. #575
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Arizona USA
    Beans
    2,991
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    Quote Originally Posted by paramvir View Post
    woooooowwww that is great ...
    Well, yeah, it really is.

    Mostly, I "live" on the fringe edge of computing -- Ubu toolchains, pre-alpha, alpha, beta, blah, blah, blah.

    The flip side of the coin is, I also run "orphans" like Ubu 10.10, for when the dev releases fail. LoL!

    I'm convinced, more than ever, that you offer the best Conky Weather solution out there...

    Heh! That said, the AM/PM thing is still bugging me.

    I'm going to try something with the "blacklist" feature, and see if it works.

    BBL

    EDIT

    Worked fine... No big deal. What an excellent feature!
    Last edited by VinDSL; October 16th, 2012 at 01:00 AM. Reason: Update
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

  6. #576
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Beans
    38

    Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    Paramvir,

    Does your program have an element or value that calculates what the "actual" highs and lows are for the day?

    What I am looking for is a comparison of what the actual temps were for the day compared to what the forecasted temps were.

    I would like to monitor the forecast accuracy. Does that make sense?

  7. #577

    Talking Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    Well, yeah, it really is.

    Mostly, I "live" on the fringe edge of computing -- Ubu toolchains, pre-alpha, alpha, beta, blah, blah, blah.

    The flip side of the coin is, I also run "orphans" like Ubu 10.10, for when the dev releases fail. LoL!

    I'm convinced, more than ever, that you offer the best Conky Weather solution out there...

    Heh! That said, the AM/PM thing is still bugging me.

    I'm going to try something with the "blacklist" feature, and see if it works.

    BBL

    EDIT

    Worked fine... No big deal. What an excellent feature!
    Thanku thanku

    It was thanks to your testing that it works - i do have still one little 1 character bug i found Line 1384 =~ should be ==

    Code:
    if [[ $mynum =~ "-" ]]; then
    
    should read
    
    if [[ $mynum == "-" ]]; then
    It affects you if you live in a very cold place - I want it to look for a dash not negative

    I was testing Prospect Creek, Alaska -12 C gives N/A which brings everything down. Soooo just a release 2 of the same version should do - so lets see

  8. #578

    Talking Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    Paramvir,

    Does your program have an element or value that calculates what the "actual" highs and lows are for the day?

    What I am looking for is a comparison of what the actual temps were for the day compared to what the forecasted temps were.

    I would like to monitor the forecast accuracy. Does that make sense?
    I have googled for that and I see what you mean - no I do not have temp analysis for what you speak off.

    One would need to record the temps for 24 hours and pick out the highest and lowest and at the same time also recording the forecast high and low - am I right

    You can get the trend graphs for various conditions from WU site.

    Go to the Location of your interest - just below the first group you see three tabs as you see in the image today almanac - see the 2 areas circled in red - click on the top and then on the bottom one on your location page and you will see the history page.

    The second image shows you the graphs and the 24 hour recorded data for values - in the Hourly observation I see that recorded High was 31 C while forecast I have is 33 C while lowest recorded and forecast were 19 C.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #579
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Tampa, Florida
    Beans
    38

    Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    Quote Originally Posted by paramvir View Post
    I have googled for that and I see what you mean - no I do not have temp analysis for what you speak off.

    One would need to record the temps for 24 hours and pick out the highest and lowest and at the same time also recording the forecast high and low - am I right

    You can get the trend graphs for various conditions from WU site.

    Go to the Location of your interest - just below the first group you see three tabs as you see in the image today almanac - see the 2 areas circled in red - click on the top and then on the bottom one on your location page and you will see the history page.

    The second image shows you the graphs and the 24 hour recorded data for values - in the Hourly observation I see that recorded High was 31 C while forecast I have is 33 C while lowest recorded and forecast were 19 C.
    You are correct in what I am looking for. I was hoping there was a solution that could display it in Conky. Maybe a future enhancement?

    Edit: What I would like to display is...

    Yesterdays Forecasted High/Low
    Yesterdays Actual High/Low
    Last edited by dtokarz; October 16th, 2012 at 11:26 PM.

  10. #580

    Talking Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    You are correct in what I am looking for. I was hoping there was a solution that could display it in Conky. Maybe a future enhancement?

    Edit: What I would like to display is...

    Yesterdays Forecasted High/Low
    Yesterdays Actual High/Low
    OK

    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow is a Mystery
    Today is a Present - Enjoy it - That is why Now in terms of time is called Present

    Everything is do-able.

    I always look at forecast with a variance of 1 to 2 degrees - a forecast in meteorological terms is an educated estimate basis a statistical study of a huge volume of data for that particular period or time [ wow did I write that lol - you wont find that in any dictionary]

    So unless you were the one who wrote that computer code to calculate the forecast - why would you want to know that difference.

    Please humour me - I have spent this time to respond to you - as I wanted to see how would I code it - the logic etc - now if I can see the why - I would then like it in my templates as well.

    But then I look at it like this - if I already know the answer - it is a given thing - why sit down and do the math - in a given forecast - day time temps vary by a degree or 2 in deg C while night time temps are usually closer. During the day - sun makes the difference. If there is cloud cover - temps will drop.

    Oh do they give this on the TV ??? I do not have the time to see TV - 24 hours are toooo less for me

Page 58 of 259 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •