Page 154 of 261 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 2602

Thread: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by jdallara View Post
    Conky runs in your user space, therefore you don't need to sudo (i.e. you can kill your own processes, but not others, without su capabilities).

Jon.
    As I suspected - but did not bother to check when I picked that variant of the command up Thanks for the clarification - and I have adjusted my .bash_aliases accordingly.

As for the rest of you - a few more days (shipping dependent) and I should have a monitor with some vertical resolution (1920x1080 unsurprisingly) - so I get to redo my whole layout

To all a gd day!
    |Intel E6550 2.33 | Intel mb/gfx/snd | 4 Gb RAM | Seagate 500Gb | Magnasonic 19" | Ubuntu 12.04 | AMD A10 5800K 3.8GHz / ATI gfx| Asus A88X-Pro mb/snd | 8 Gb RAM | Corsair Force 128 GB SSD | Seagate 3+2TB | USB 2TB | Sony 40" | Ubuntu 12.04 / 14.04 |

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by jdallara View Post
    Conky runs in your user space, therefore you don't need to sudo (i.e. you can kill your own processes, but not others, without su capabilities).

Jon.
    Thank you. That's exactly what I was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by freebird54 View Post
    As I suspected - but did not bother to check when I picked that variant of the command up Thanks for the clarification - and I have adjusted my .bash_aliases accordingly.

As for the rest of you - a few more days (shipping dependent) and I should have a monitor with some vertical resolution (1920x1080 unsurprisingly) - so I get to redo my whole layout

To all a gd day!
    Sweet! Nothing like a nice monitor!
    Last edited by Cavsfan; March 28th, 2014 at 03:33 PM.
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen on Arch Linux
    Intel Core2 Quad Q9550 2.84 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT, Mobo: MSI model: G31M3-L V2(MS-7529)

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    Thank you. That's exactly what I was thinking.

Sweet! Nothing like a nice monitor!
    Well - here is the first cut at it... now I'll have to think! (the picture is a bit bigger now!)

and how it looks when a song plays...
    Last edited by freebird54; April 6th, 2014 at 09:25 AM. Reason: added mini screenie
    |Intel E6550 2.33 | Intel mb/gfx/snd | 4 Gb RAM | Seagate 500Gb | Magnasonic 19" | Ubuntu 12.04 | AMD A10 5800K 3.8GHz / ATI gfx| Asus A88X-Pro mb/snd | 8 Gb RAM | Corsair Force 128 GB SSD | Seagate 3+2TB | USB 2TB | Sony 40" | Ubuntu 12.04 / 14.04 |

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

nice job freebird...

the Moody Blues....you must be an old Hippy....like me LOL

FYI.....if you update your kernel to the latest & try to install any .deb files it will give an error & NOT install

thanx to Paramvir for pointing the latest bug out to me when I tried to install his latest conkywx...the "fix"
    is to install the gdebi package installer & use that to install any .deb files....

he is close to finishing the documentation for conkywx v 2.0.xxxxx....don't know when he will release it,
    but the new "eye kandy" is awesome !!!

tommy
    Registered Linux User # 529389
    Arch Linux, Linux Mint 18 Sara, Fedora 25 Linux
    my improved web page http://users.gilanet.com/~tfrost

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by NM5TF View Post
    nice job freebird...

the Moody Blues....you must be an old Hippy....like me LOL
    Here's a more likely selection - along with the improving weather!

Just cleaning up a few (92233 + I'm guessing 15,000 dupes in it!) songs and trying to get the rest (650 albums) onto digital from vinyl

FYI.....if you update your kernel to the latest & try to install any .deb files it will give an error & NOT install

thanx to Paramvir for pointing the latest bug out to me when I tried to install his latest conkywx...the "fix"
    is to install the gdebi package installer & use that to install any .deb files....
    I'm too lazy for that - I've just been doing
    Code:
    dpkg -i filename.deb
    (actually I forgot that gdebi existed! - thanks)

he is close to finishing the documentation for conkywx v 2.0.xxxxx....don't know when he will release it,
    but the new "eye kandy" is awesome !!!

tommy
    Scary! Looking forward to it - now that I have some screen real estate to try it on I just hope I don't overload with execpi calls for scrollers and counters....

Be well...

Beans
    Distro

It occurs to me that I should have also posted a look at what the 'old' system has now, along with the modified code to make it happen (for those not used to modifying vindsl's creations

A message or so earlier you could see that the RYTHMBOX entry (with added lines from Free Bird the song) shows when Rythmbox is running, and the section becomes FREEBIRD and shows more lines from the song when silence reigns. I do this because nature abhors a vacuum, and I'm not too fond of even using one myself!

On the lower res screen (768 vertical res) I don't have room for Rhythmbox at all, so I switch out TIME when the music plays, as you see here:

and the code for the affected sections...

Code:
    ##################################
    ##           TIME               ##
    ${if_running rhythmbox}
    ${voffset -10}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}RHYTHMBOX${offset 8}${color6}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    ${voffset 1}${font DroidSans:size=8.25}${color3}${if_match "${execpi 2 expr length "`/usr/bin/rhythmbox-client --print-playing-format "%tt  |  %ta"| head -n 1`"}" >= "48"}${alignr 15}${scroll 38 4* ${execi 2 rhythmbox-client --print-playing-format "%tt  |  %ta" --no-start}}${font}${else}${alignc}${execi 2 rhythmbox-client --print-playing-format "%tt  |  %ta" --no-start}${font}${endif}
    ${voffset 0}${font DroidSans:size=8.25}${color3}${if_match "${execpi 2 expr length "`/usr/bin/rhythmbox-client --print-playing-format "%at  |  %te  |  %td "| head -n 1`"}" >= "48"}${alignr 15}${scroll 38 4* ${execi 2 rhythmbox-client --print-playing-format "%at  |  %te  |  %td " --no-start}}${font}${else}${alignc}${execi 2 rhythmbox-client --print-playing-format "%at  |  %te  |  %td " --no-start}${font}${endif}
    ${else}${voffset 1}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}TIME${offset 8}${color6}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    ${voffset -2}${font RadioSpace:size=24}${color8}${if_match ${time %l}<=9}${alignc 7}${time %l:%M}${offset 3}${time %p}${else}${if_match ${time %l}>=10}${alignc -1}${time %l:%M}${offset 3}${time %p}${endif}${endif}${font}
    ${endif}
    ##   CALENDAR (Experimental)    ##
    ${if_running rhythmbox}${voffset -14}${else}${voffset -10}${endif}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}DATE${offset 8}${color6}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    ${voffset 14}${font DroidSansMono:size=7.55}${color2}${alignc 60}${time %A}${font}
    ${voffset -6}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=18}${if_match ${time %e}<=9}${color3}${alignc 65}${time %e}${font}${else}${if_match ${time %e}>=10}${color3}${alignc 60}${time %e}${endif}${endif}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font DroidSansMono:size=7.55}${color2}${alignc 60}${time %B}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font DroidSansMono:size=7.6}${color2}${alignc 60}${time %Y}${font}
    ${voffset -78}${font CutOutsFor3DFX:size=67}${color7}${alignc 99}2${font}
    ####
    ## Uncomment for "SUNDAY = First Day-of-the-Week" (use mono fonts only)
    ${if_match "${time %b %G}"=="Mar 2014"}${voffset -76}${else}${if_match "${time %b %G}"=="Aug 2014"}${voffset -76}${else}${if_match "${time %b %G}"=="Nov 2014"}${voffset -76}${else}${voffset -70}${endif}${endif}${endif}${font DroidSansMono:size=7.55}${color1}${execpi 60 VinDSL_Cal_9=`date +%-d`; cal -h | sed -e 's/\r//g' -e 's/^/ /g' -e '1d' -e s/^/"\$\{offset 100"\}/ -e 's/\<'"$VinDSL_Cal_9"'\>/${color4}&${color1}/'}
    ####
    ## Uncomment for "MONDAY = First Day-of-the-Week" (use mono fonts only)
    # ${if_match "${time %b %G}"=="Dec 2012"}${voffset -76}${else}${if_match "${time %b %G}"=="Mar 2013"}${voffset -76}${else}${if_match "${time %b %G}"=="Jun 2013"}${voffset -76}${else}${voffset -70}${endif}${endif}${endif}${font DroidSansMono:size=7.55}${color3}${execpi 60 VinDSL_Cal_9=`date +%-d`; ncal -M -C -h | sed -e 's/\r//g' -e 's/^/ /g' -e '1d' -e s/^/"\$\{offset 100"\}/ -e 's/\<'"$VinDSL_Cal_9"'\>/${color4}&${color3}/'##################################
    Have a gd day!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by freebird54 View Post

<snip>

Scary! Looking forward to it - now that I have some screen real estate to try it on I just hope I don't overload with execpi calls for scrollers and counters....

Be well...
    Paramvir's new & improved conkywx eye kandy will not fit into the VinDSL script.....it will need
    a new conky window to take advantage of the new features....

I hesitate to show a new screenshot here as this thread is about VinDSL's scripts....maybe a new
    seperate thread is called for....a conkywx thread.....what do y'all think....wanna comment VinDSL ???

tommy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I hesitate to show a new screenshot here as this thread is about VinDSL's scripts....maybe a new
    seperate thread is called for....a conkywx thread.....what do y'all think....wanna comment VinDSL ???

tommy
    It's all good, Tommy. Post whatever you wish.

We're all in this together, yes?
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

with VinDSL's blessing here is a preview of the new conkywx.....

keep in mind this is just 1 of many possible combinations...there are many more
    to choose from....all user selectable & scalable....Paramvir is fast becoming a
    master of Lua....

you will see why it will not fit in VinDSL's template...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro

you will see why it will not fit in VinDSL's template...
    I suspect you may be underestimating him...

Looking forward even more to creating with 2.0!

Page 154 of 261 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast