Page 139 of 287 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 2865

Thread: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

This is how I get my GPU temperature in fahrenheit. I live on the west side of the pond and we're still in the dark ages over here.
    I believe 42dorian showed me how to do this but I can't remember.

Code:
    ${voffset 4}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.39}${color0}${offset 2}GPU Temperature: $alignr${execi 10 nvidia-settings -q GPUCoreTemp | awk '{if (NR==2) {print ($4*9)/5+32}}'}°F
    I surprised myself today. I actually added UV to the mix. It's not perfect but not too shabby. I've had skin cancers removed,
    not melanoma but some are a pain and I also live in the skin cancer capital of the world. So, knowing the UV level is very important to me.
    I wear a hat any time I go outside.

Here it is on Mint 13:

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

nice.....

can you point @foodoo to the latest version of VinDSL template...he's looking
    for the metric version...combined sysmon/conkywx......

I'm sure you could do it faster than I searching thru 1380 some posts....

TIA

tommy
    Registered Linux User # 529389
    Arch Linux, MX 18.3 Linux
    my personal web page http://users.gilanet.com/~tfrost
    "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space"--Unknown

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by NM5TF View Post
    nice.....

can you point @foodoo to the latest version of VinDSL template...he's looking
    for the metric version...combined sysmon/conkywx......

I'm sure you could do it faster than I searching thru 1380 some posts....

TIA

tommy
    I believe this post has all of them http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...3#post12363123

It is taken from this post on page 75 Where Paramvir posted all of the links http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...0#post12389760

That may seem old but I'm using it today only I use the imperial version and deleted the metric files.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Tommy, I forgot to mention that I was extremely sorry to hear about your friend that was in New York City on 9/11/01 and passed! I couldn't just post that as we have to stay on topic but, I am sorry for your loss!
    My wife's birthday is 9/11 ironically.

If any one is interested in displaying UV in the weather part of VinDSL's conky here is my ~/.config/conkywx/wx-wu-vindsl-imperial-weather-graphic-template.sh

It's imperial of course. Celsius is foreign to us in the US or I should say me.
    It uses the UV weather element.

Code:
    #################################################
    ## VinDSL | rev. 13-10-21 12:09 | ver. GRAPHIC ##
    ## IMPERIAL WEATHER TEMPLATE for Conkywx 1.0.0 ##
    ${voffset 0}${font RadioSpace:size=33}${color6}${alignc -5}[PT]${font}${font Arrows:size=28}${voffset -15}${offset 2}${color6}[FCTTF]${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.4}${alignc 6}${color4}Feels${offset 3}like${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[FL]${offset 2}${color4}/${offset 3}${color6}[FCTT]${font}
    ${voffset -40}${goto 203}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8.75}${color6}[D1T]${font}
    ${voffset 0}${goto 203}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.3}${color4}CoR${offset 3}${color6}[D1P]${font}
    ${voffset -45}${goto 188}${font KRARound:size=41.5}${color6}I${font}
    ${voffset 6}${font Ubuntu:size=22.75}${color4}${alignc}[CT]${font}
    ${voffset 7}${alignc 3}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8}${color4}Sunrise${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[SR]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 3}${font Arrows:size=14}${color6}[FCTSRF]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 10}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8}${color4}Sunset${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[SS]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 3}${font Arrows:size=14}${color6}[FCTSSF]${font}
    ${voffset 8}${goto 83}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color4}Humidity${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[HM]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 4}${font Arrows:size=14}${color6}[FCTHF]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 82}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color4}Barometer${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[BR]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 4}${font Arrows:size=14}${color6}[FCTPF]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 82}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color4}Moonrise${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[MR]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 4}${font Arrows:size=14}${color6}[FCTMRF]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 82}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color4}Moonset${offset 1}:${offset 1}${color6}[MS]${font}${voffset -2}${offset 4}${font Arrows:size=14}${color6}[FCTMSF]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 83}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color4}Full${offset 3}Moon${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[FM]${font}${voffset 11}${goto 83}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color4}U${offset 1}V${offset 1}:${offset 2}${color6}[UV]${font}
    ${if_existing [BI]}${voffset -55}${image [BI] -p 10, 745 -s 60x60}${else}${voffset -70}${goto 16}${font ConkyWindNESW:size=41.6}${color6}[BF]${font}${endif}
    ${voffset -38}${font DroidSans:bold:size=10.5}${color4}${alignc -95}[MV]${font}
    ${voffset 28}${goto 22}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.45}${color2}[WS] mph${voffset 1}${goto 210}[MP]${font}
    ${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=7.55}${color4}${goto 30}Temp${goto 120}Baro${goto 210}Dew
    ${voffset -1}${image [GT] -p 17, 853 -s  50x10}${image [GP] -p 107, 853 -s  50x10}${image [GD] -p 190, 853 -s  50x10}
    ${voffset 9}${goto 27}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.5}${color4}[D2D]${goto 86}[D3D]${goto 145}[D4D]${goto 201}[D5D]${font}
    ${image [PIC] -p 10, 650 -s 46x46}${image [MIC] -p 195, 760 -s 45x45}${image [D2I] -p 22, 879 -s 34x34}${image [D3I] -p 82, 879 -s 34x34}${image [D4I] -p 141, 879 -s 34x34}${image [D5I] -p 198, 879 -s 34x34}
    ${voffset 20}${goto 27}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=8.5}${color2}[D2T]${goto 87}[D3T]${goto 147}[D4T]${goto 203}[D5T]${font}
    ${voffset -1}${goto 24}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.45}${color4}CoR${offset 3}${color2}[D2P]${goto 84}${color4}CoR${offset 3}${color2}[D3P]${goto 144}${color4}CoR${offset 3}${color2}[D4P]${goto 201}${color4}CoR${offset 3}${color2}[D5P]${font}
    I still haven't found a background I like better.
    Here is a picture of it in Trusty:

Beans

Hi @foodoo,

Thanks for the solution, I didn`t notice the missing temp until you noticed it.
    but i`ve tried your solution and it works!
    I will keep on changing things, but for now I have a working conky and that's a very good starting point.

Thanks again for the help will keep an eye on this thread, because it teaches me a lot!

Regards Arno

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Here is the code that I use to post the GPU information:

Code:
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=9.9}${color2}k${voffset -2}${font DroidSansFal
    lback:size=8.39}${color3}${offset 2}GPU${offset 9}${nvidia temp} F${offset 5}${n
    vidia gpufreq}MHz${goto 150}Mem${offset 4}${nvidia memfreq}MHz${font}
    I've only been using this package for a couple of days and it's pretty neat. It looks like it has a lot of possibilities. The question I have is where is the weather update frequency set? Right now it is every 15 minutes. I'd like to change that to have it update when the Internet connection is established and then every couple of hours after that.

Thanks,

Jon.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

Hi Jon,

You will find this setting almost at the bottom of your conkywx.conf file, it looks like this:

# -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    # Minimum time the script allows the website to be polled
    # -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    minimum_fetch_time=1800

cheers Sean

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by foodoo View Post
    Hi Tommy,

Very sorry to hear about your long time friend sounds like he was a very brave man! god bless him!

I am in fact using an older vinDSL template but would like to have a metric version of the latest and greatest from vin,
    Q: Is it in one of the posts somewhere ? perhaps if you know could you point to it for me haha.

Your screenie looks great ! that's a neat idea using 5 people to make the frog cool!

Cheers Sean.
    Did you find the needed template in the my post above?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome

Hi cavsfan,

Well I had a look but there's been so many changes/tweaks since that one was posted I will just use the one you posted and convert it to metric lazy me haha!
    but thanks for you help. Are you freezing again over the pond ? cause it's not good here @ the moment.

Cheers Sean

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by foodoo View Post
    Hi cavsfan,

Well I had a look but there's been so many changes/tweaks since that one was posted I will just use the one you posted and convert it to metric lazy me haha!
    but thanks for you help. Are you freezing again over the pond ? cause it's not good here @ the moment.

Cheers Sean
    LoL I don't think that's lazy. I'm not sure I could even convert that file from imperial to metric. Or at least it's more work than I care to do. If you have the same size monitor It might not be too hard to just use mine and convert it, not sure.

We're a little cold here but I'm in Florida on the coast. Conky says it's 57F right now. I guess that would be 25C. It should warm back up to a high in the 70s by Sunday.
    I have friends up north and was told it was 2F or -17C earlier and since has warmed up to 5F or -15C. After living here for so long I have acclimated to the weather and mid 50sF or mid teensC is a bit too much for me.
    You can get frostbite when it gets into the low 40sF or single digits C here because of the humidity I guess.

If you need anything else I have to offer I'll be glad to post it for you or any one else. I'm just glad VinDSL and Paramvir are generous enough to share their most excellent coding with us mere mortals.

I used to be a programmer/analyst back before I got this disorder but it was mainframe. Mainly MVS/CICS and I loved it at the time. Now I just play around and try to have fun.

Cheers!

Page 139 of 287 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast