Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn

Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by NM5TF View Post
    five ohhh.....six ohhh...youngsters, all of you
    Crickey!! I love being called a youngster - thanks NM5TF

I run all Imperial ( who started that? )...have never seen any Metric readings....must be just
    you Metric guys having that problem...might be a clue Param

Tommy
    One for Param: why does it only happen on odd occasions?? No changes made to any of the templates nor the config file? That's what got me baffled.....

Cheers / Frank
    Do You Ubuntu? I Do!
    The Network is Alive and Well

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    I know what you mean. I was looking for an emoticon that implied "I am not worthy". I guess neither of us are.

It's a good thing these guys are so generous with their work.

I look forward to all of the discounts that I will be able to get! And I won't be too shy to ask for them either.

A free lifetime fishing license is absolutely awesome. I live near the ocean and intracoastal waterways. There is also a canal within 100 feet I could be fishing in. A guy and his 11 year old kid were catching a bunch of tarpon in that canal one time.
    They were of decent size but he said they had to let them go because there is a stiff price to pay to be able to mount them like for your wall. There is a bunch of places within walking distance that I could be fishing. But I have this neurological disorder that prevents me from doing a lot of stuff I would like to be doing like fishing.

Good luck fishing.
    the Ocean...sigh !!

I grew up on the West coast & the Pacific Ocean was our playground...fishing, surfing, those Golden California
    Beach Bunnies, etc.....the good old daze for sure

the ONLY thing I miss about SoCal is living near the Ocean.....not too much water here in New Mexico

the free fishing license for 70 & over is great....now if I didn't have to go so far to do it....nearest lake to me
    is little over 100 miles, but they have Tiger Muskies in it....less than 40 inches ya gotta throw them back !!
    the Rio Grande River is only 30 miles away, but usually so muddy the only thing to catch is Catfish...

if you're catching Tarpon you must be in Florida

it's too bad you have the disorder keeping you from doing things you want...must be a real bummer

keep your chin up & hope for the best...medicine is advancing really fast & maybe a cure is not far off =D>

Tommy
    Registered Linux User # 529389
    Arch Linux, Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia, Fedora 27 Linux
    my improved web page http://users.gilanet.com/~tfrost

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    Anyway, change it however you wish -- put your name on it -- whatever.

Gives me pleasure to see what ppl do with it...
    I would never put my name on your files out of respect. I left the conky named .conkyrc.vindsl.

I can also see how it must give you some pleasure knowing hundreds if not thousands of people are using this conky.

the Ocean...sigh !!

I grew up on the West coast & the Pacific Ocean was our playground...fishing, surfing, those Golden California
    Beach Bunnies, etc.....the good old daze for sure

the ONLY thing I miss about SoCal is living near the Ocean.....not too much water here in New Mexico

the free fishing license for 70 & over is great....now if I didn't have to go so far to do it....nearest lake to me
    is little over 100 miles, but they have Tiger Muskies in it....less than 40 inches ya gotta throw them back !!
    the Rio Grande River is only 30 miles away, but usually so muddy the only thing to catch is Catfish...

if you're catching Tarpon you must be in Florida

it's too bad you have the disorder keeping you from doing things you want...must be a real bummer

keep your chin up & hope for the best...medicine is advancing really fast & maybe a cure is not far off =D>

Tommy
    Sorry to hear that any fishing spots are so distant. We both love to fish; you aren't close to water and can fish, I am real close to the water and can't fish. Ironic.
    I just got a bunch of Botox shots a few days ago. That and some heavy duty anti-seizure medication is about all they can do for me.
    Trust me not even Cher could not take as much Botox as I got.
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen Community Wiki
    Creating a Custom Maintenance Free GRUB2 Screen on Arch Linux
    Intel Core i7-4770K, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Mobo: ASUSTeK, model: Z87-K, Mem: 16GB, Sound Blaster Audigy Series

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release
    Ubuntu 'Trusty' 14.04 (32 Bit) / Custom Linux 3.12-rc7 Kernel / GS 3.11.1 Staging / Conky / ConkyWX

Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

nice work VinDSL !!

did you have any problems with your wifi under 3.12 kernel ???

I got my 8192cu chipset working under 3.11, but upgrade to 3.12
    broke it again...

there still seems to be a big problem with nouveau, but installing
    nvidia-current fixed my display freezing/smearing...

Tommy

Beans
    Distro

did you have any problems with your wifi under 3.12 kernel ???
    I had problems with network-manager. My WAP/router was coming up as being hidden, even though it wasn't.

Any luck that I have with NM is short-lived. I always end up switching to WiCD -- so, that's what I did, again.

WiCD has been working great, as usual. I run it on both my notebook and desktop box.

If you're having problems, you *might* want to try it.

There's a learning-curve involved, when you first setup WiCD, but I think it's worth the effort...

Linkage: https://launchpad.net/wicd
    Last edited by VinDSL; November 3rd, 2013 at 04:57 AM. Reason: Addendum

Beans
    Distro

Speaking of WiFi...

I've been playing around with the 'Network' section of the script, for use on my laptop & netbook.

It isn't a finished product -- only been working on it for 24 hours -- but, it seems to be working okay on my Latitude.

You're welcome to fool around with it, if you're interested...

Code:
    ##################################
    ##   NETWORK - AUTO DETECTION   ##
    ###
    ## Change WLAN0/ETH0 to WLAN1/ETH1
    ## as needed, depending on your rig
    #
    ## WIRELESS/WIFI SECTION ##
    ${if_existing /proc/net/route wlan0}
    ${voffset 4}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}WIFI NETWORK${offset 8}${color6}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}T${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}Download${goto 120}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${totaldown wlan0}${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${downspeed wlan0}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}N${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}Upload${goto 120}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${totalup wlan0}${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${upspeed wlan0}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}a${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}Private${offset 3}IP${goto 123}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.5}LAN${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${addr wlan0}${font}
    #
    ## Uncomment to display your Public/WAN URL (WIFI) - via ifconfig.me
    ${voffset 0}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}a${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}Public${offset 7}IP${goto 121}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.5}WAN${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${execi 1800 curl -s ifconfig.me}${font}${else}
    #
    ## Uncomment to display your Public/WAN URL (WIFI) - via checkip.dyndns.org
    # ${voffset 0}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}a${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}Public${offset 7}IP${goto 121}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.5}WAN${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${execi 1800 wget -q -O - checkip.dyndns.org | sed -e 's/[^[:digit:]\|.]//g'}${font}${else}
    #
    ## Uncomment to obscure your Public/WAN URL (WIFI) - for privacy, screenshots, etc
    # ${voffset 0}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}a${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}Public${offset 7}IP${goto 121}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.5}WAN${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}Demo Mode${font}${else}
    #
    ## WIRED/ETHERNET SECTION ##
    ${if_existing /proc/net/route eth0}
    ${voffset -10}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}WIRED NETWORK${offset 8}${color6}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}T${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}Download${goto 120}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${totaldown eth0}${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${downspeed eth0}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}N${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}Upload${goto 120}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${totalup eth0}${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${upspeed eth0}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}a${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}Private${offset 3}IP${goto 123}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.5}LAN${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${addr eth0}${font}
    #
    ## Uncomment to display your Public/WAN URL (WIRED) - via ifconfig.me
    # ${voffset 0}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}a${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}Public${offset 7}IP${goto 121}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.5}WAN${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${execi 1800 curl -s ifconfig.me}${font}${else}
    #
    ## Uncomment to display your Public/WAN URL (WIRED) - via checkip.dyndns.org
    ${voffset 0}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}a${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}Public${offset 7}IP${goto 121}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.5}WAN${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${execi 1800 wget -q -O - checkip.dyndns.org | sed -e 's/[^[:digit:]\|.]//g'}${font}${else}
    #
    ## Uncomment to obscure your Public/WAN URL (WIRED) - for privacy, screenshots, etc
    # ${voffset 0}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}a${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}Public${offset 7}IP${goto 121}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.5}WAN${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}Demo Mode${font}${else}
    #
    ## DISCONNECTED/OFFLINE SECTION ##
    ${voffset -10}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}NETWORK${offset 8}${color6}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    ${voffset 27}${goto 77}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}NO CONNECTION${voffset 24}${font}${endif}${endif}
    Actually, there's no reason this section can't be used on desktop machines too. It just needs some testing.
    Last edited by VinDSL; November 3rd, 2013 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Typo Demon Strikes Again

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    Actually, there's no reason this section can't be used on desktop machines too. It just needs some testing.
    w00t! Works fine on my desktop machine, too.

Had to make some minor spacing changes due to the screen res difference -- 1440x900 vs 1280x1024).

Code:
    ##   NETWORK - AUTO DETECTION   ##
    ###
    ## Change all instances of WLAN0/ETH0 to WLAN1/ETH1 etc.
    ## as needed, depending on your rig (in several places)
    #
    ## WIRELESS/WIFI SECTION ##
    ${if_existing /proc/net/route wlan0}
    ${voffset -9}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}WIFI NETWORK${offset 8}${color6}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}T${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}Download${goto 120}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${totaldown wlan0}${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${downspeed wlan0}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}N${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}Upload${goto 120}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${totalup wlan0}${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${upspeed wlan0}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}a${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}Private${offset 3}IP${goto 123}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.5}LAN${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${addr wlan0}${font}
    #
    ## Uncomment to display your Public/WAN URL (WIFI) - via ifconfig.me
    ${voffset 0}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}a${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}Public${offset 7}IP${goto 121}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.5}WAN${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${execi 1800 curl -s ifconfig.me}${font}${else}
    #
    ## Uncomment to display your Public/WAN URL (WIFI) - via checkip.dyndns.org
    # ${voffset 0}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}a${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}Public${offset 7}IP${goto 121}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.5}WAN${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${execi 1800 wget -q -O - checkip.dyndns.org | sed -e 's/[^[:digit:]\|.]//g'}${font}${else}
    #
    ## Uncomment to obscure your Public/WAN URL (WIFI) - for privacy, screenshots, etc
    #
    ## WIRED/ETHERNET SECTION ##
    ${if_existing /proc/net/route eth0}
    ${voffset -21}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}WIRED NETWORK${offset 8}${color6}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}T${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}Download${goto 120}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${totaldown eth0}${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${downspeed eth0}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}N${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}Upload${goto 120}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${totalup eth0}${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${upspeed eth0}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}a${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}Private${offset 3}IP${goto 123}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.5}LAN${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${addr eth0}${font}
    #
    ## Uncomment to display your Public/WAN URL (WIRED) - via ifconfig.me
    # ${voffset 0}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}a${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}Public${offset 7}IP${goto 121}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.5}WAN${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${execi 1800 curl -s ifconfig.me}${font}${else}
    #
    ## Uncomment to display your Public/WAN URL (WIRED) - via checkip.dyndns.org
    ${voffset 0}${font PizzaDudeBullets:size=9.5}${color6}a${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}Public${offset 7}IP${goto 121}${font DroidSansFallback:size=8.5}WAN${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${alignr}${execi 1800 wget -q -O - checkip.dyndns.org | sed -e 's/[^[:digit:]\|.]//g'}${font}${else}
    #
    ## Uncomment to obscure your Public/WAN URL (WIRED) - for privacy, screenshots, etc
    #
    ## DISCONNECTED/OFFLINE SECTION ##
    ${voffset -22}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}${color4}NETWORK${offset 8}${color6}${voffset -2}${hr 1}${font}
    ${voffset 25}${goto 77}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8}NO CONNECTION${voffset 23}${font}${endif}${endif}

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

kewl !!!

will give it a try in the AM

my desktop is also 1440 x 900....so I take it the minor spacing changes
    is the latest post ???

if so, it should "drop in"...

Tommy
    Last edited by NM5TF; November 4th, 2013 at 06:12 AM.

Beans
    Distro

I take it the minor spacing changes
    is the latest post ???

if so, it should "drop in"...
    Hi Tommy,

First post was 1440x900 res (laptop).

Second post was 1280x1024 res (desktop box).

All I had to do was adjust a couple of the 'voffset' settings, at the beginning of some lines, for proper spacing.

Page 121 of 266 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131171221 ... LastLast