Thread: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate Development Release

Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by paramvir View Post
    conkywx moon has become more dynamic than that my friend

Well actually Dynamic Moon is a new thingy I am testing - The whole moon spins about every hour - so if you see the screeny of the moon - it will match what you see outside real time.

That is the aim and is working but I need to test it for when the user is south of the moon ...

and where is that template - oh actually I have so much on my plate...
    guess I opened my big mouth too soon....sorry Param

Tommy
    Registered Linux User # 529389
    Arch Linux, Linux Mint 18 Sara, Fedora 25 Linux
    my improved web page http://users.gilanet.com/~tfrost

Thumbs up Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by NM5TF View Post
    guess I opened my big mouth too soon....sorry Param
    Tommy
    no worries Tommy - it is kewl - I was going to write about it anyway - that question on the conkywx wiki still remains to be answered... Full and New moon slow down and do not spin so we have to wait a bit...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by paramvir View Post
    and where is that template - oh actually I have so much on my plate...
    Oops! Looks like we're in the same boat.

I need to clean up the template a little -- that's all -- but, there's always something more pressing at hand.

I forget about it. Then, I remember later, but some other crisis crops up, you know?!?!?

I'll tie a string around my finger, and see if that works... LoL!
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans

Hey VinDSL I really love your work on conky. I am having a problem with the moon displaying wrong, not sure what is causing it. I'll attach a screenshot.https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9c9...it?usp=sharing

As you can see the moon says 92% and Waning which is correct but the MoonPhases font is displaying the wrong Character. Not sure why this is. To be honest, I really like your latest screenshots where instead of using the MoonPhases font it looks like you are using images of the moon, like this...
    http://vindsl.com/images/vindsl-desk...sep-2013-1.png

How did you do that? Thank you for writing such a great script!

Cool Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Runia View Post
    I am having a problem with the moon displaying wrong, not sure what is causing it.
    As you can see the moon says 92% and Waning which is correct but the MoonPhases font is displaying the wrong Character. Not sure why this is.
    Hello Max

This question is regarding conkywx and so I am the one to answer your question...

Yes that is a bug - Also I wonder which version of conkywx are you using - if it is 0.9.3 - the current version - you should use the option moon_outline=1 in the conkywx config file - this will enable the outline moon font characters - In this set you get a ring and the moon characters are inside that ring.

The reason for using this is - the one without the ring is a bit wobbly - the font characters shift about and do not stay in a centre line axis if you please. There is a thought to disable the other font characters all together but then some soul may just want to use that set. Both sets are contained within the same font.

The next mega version of conkywx is under development and testing - I am also looking at the fact that Northern and Southern hemisphere view the moon differently - The images and fonts should reflect that.

cheers

Beans

Anybody else getting this on their conkywx for current temps? I noticed it last night, and on two different weather stations. The weatherunderground site shows the current temps though...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Working fine, here...

Ubuntu 13.10 Beta 1 / Gnome-Shell 3.10.0.1 / Linux 3.12-rc2 / Nouveau / Plank / Conky / ConkyWX

Occasionally, I get output as pictured in your snapshot, or worse.

Most of the time, it'll correct itself after a couple of (15 minute) refreshes.

When it doesn't correct itself, I judge it's because the ConkyWX /tmp files got corrupted -- because my network connection experienced a hiccup -- the reporting station was temporarily down, or such.

Wiping all the ConkyWX /tmp files off the drive, and forcing a fresh, normally takes care of the situation.

Might want to try that...
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans

That was a good idea, VinDSL but it didn't work. I waited a while to see if it would clear itself up but it didn't. I looked in the tmp folder and opened the today_forecast file to see what info was in there. There are 2 entries for temp_now. One says the actual temp and the other says N/A which is being displayed, I guess. My question would be for paramvir as why there are two and how can I correct this? Thanks! Here is my today_forecast info...

Gmt_Time="-04.0"
    Long1="82.5W"
    Lat1="27.9N"
    Updated="6:55 PM EDT"
    Station="The University of Tampa, Tampa"
    curr_icon="mostlycloudy"
    Now="Mostly Cloudy"
    Temp_now="80°"
    Pressure="29.96"
    Visibility="10.0"
    Clouds="Scattered Clouds"
    Humidity="73"
    Rainfall="0.0"
    Snow_Depth="N/A"
    METAR="METAR KTPF 282235Z AUTO 06010KT 10SM SCT070 BKN095 26/20 A2996 RMK AO2"
    Temp_now="N/A"
    Dew_Point="71°"
    loc_UV="0.0 : N/A"
    quality_of_fcast=good
    Wind_Speed="4.0 "
    Wind_From="NE"
    Wind_Gust="14.0 "
    wind_speed_trend="4.0"
    wind_bearing_font="K"
    app_temp="88°"

Edit: And now this morning it appears fixed. Go figure
    Edit 2: Now its broke again.
    Last edited by dtokarz; September 29th, 2013 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Appears fixed

Beans

I would like to thank VinDSL and 42dorian for this great job. I'm trying to set up a conky but I've got some problems.

Does anybody know why I can't use the UbuntuTitle font in conky? I can easily use it in a libreoffice document but not in the conky.

Code:
    ${font Ubuntu:bold:size=28}${color4}Ubuntu 12.10${offset 8}${font}
    ${font ubuntu-title:bold:size=28}${color4}Ubuntu 12.10${offset 8}${font}

As you can see there is no difference between Ubuntu and UbuntuTitle fonts using conky, but the difference is clear using libre office.

Also I'm wondering why I can't display the "am/pm" indicator next to the time:

Code:
    ${voffset -4}${fontRadioSpace:size=32}${color3}${if_match ${time %l}<=9}${alignc7}${time %l:%M%p}${else}${if_match ${time %l}>=10}${alignc-1}${time %l:%M%p}${endif}${endif}${font}

Thanks a lot.
    Last edited by 3GyXCEc; September 29th, 2013 at 08:19 PM.

Cool Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Here are a couple of images of conkywx..

The moon thingy has been fixed for the next version - a lot of code does not get touched between versions so... The moon also renders correctly for both the hemispheres.

Dynamic Moon is just the same moon image but it attempts to show you how the moon is looking at any given moment.

Just for fun while we are using imagemagick for Dynamic Moon - why not something more - what about converting conkyweather font to 3D image with a colour of your choosing... have a look...

Using simple fonts - notice the correct moon for Northern and Southern hemispheres

Using images and "fonts to images" for the lower conky display...

Page 111 of 259 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast