Page 10 of 258 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Beans

Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Quote Originally Posted by BoredOutOfMyMind View Post
    42dorian - ConkyForecast has been revamped to work with WeatherUnderground. Real life has kept me from playing with conky for a few weeks.
    Indeed... but... VinDSL isn't using it, so I don't have to care in this thread. This thread is all about explaining what VinDSL is doing. Since ConkyForecast isn't used here, I only need to point to the source of VinDSL's weather and the big Conky thread for any troubleshooting/further exposure to Conky for these users.

Admittedly, if VinDSL goes back to ConkyForecast, I'm in for another rewrite. Other than that? I currently see ConkyForecast as completely outdated. kaivalagi's scripts, all of them, served their purpose long ago, but we've moved on and it's not necessary anymore. Personalised weather scripts seems to be the most efficient and popular way to do it, and I doubt that ConkyForecast can actually replace them in any meaningful way. If one of his other scripts is getting used and becomes popular at the Conky Thread, then this thread is still doing the right thing by pointing people there for instructions.

Doing this recent rewrite wasn't easy. I thought it would be, but it really wasn't. I'm hoping that things stay well within the current style for quite some time. I don't know how much time I can devote to it going forward. If VinDSL decides he wants to integrate some more of kaivalagi's scripts again, then that's when we'll address it again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Well said.
    Intel ® P4 Extreme Edition 3.4 (Gallatin) || DFI ® LanParty PRO875B rev B1
    Crucial ® Ballistix Tracer PC4000 1GB || Mountain Mods U2-UFO Opti-1203
    XFX 7600GT 560M AGP (PV-T73A-UDF3) || Corsair HX520W Modular PSU

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I am stumped on a problem I am having. Starting up the conky in the terminal I get a error
    Code:
    cal: setlocale: No such file or directory
    This happened as soon as I thought I had the Calender fixed. The calender looks correct now although.

Code:
    ${voffset 18}${font DroidSansMono:size=7.55}${color3}${alignc 60}${time %A}${font}
    ${voffset -4}${font DroidSansFallback:bold:size=18}${if_match ${time %e}<=9}${color5}${alignc 65}${time %e}${font}${else}${if_match ${time %e}>=10}${color5}${alignc 60}${time %e}${endif}${endif}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font DroidSansMono:size=7.55}${color3}${alignc 60}${time %B}${font}
    ${voffset 0}${font DroidSansMono:size=7.6}${color3}${alignc 60}${time %Y}${font}
    ${voffset -83}${font CutOutsFor3DFX:size=67}${color8}${alignc 99}2${font}
    ####
    ## Uncomment for Conky 1.8.0 (use mono fonts only)
    ${voffset -68}${font DroidSansMono:size=7.55}${color3}${execpi 60 VinDSL_Cal_9=`date +%-d`; cal -h | sed -e 's/\r//g' -e 's/^/ /g' -e '1d' -e s/^/"\$\{offset 100"\}/ -e 's/\<'"$VinDSL_Cal_9"'\>/${color4}&${color3}/'}
    ####
    ## Uncomment for Conky 1.8.1 (use mono fonts only)
    #${voffset -64}${offset 100}${font DroidSansMono:size=7.55}${color3}${execpi 60 VinDSL_Cal_9=`date +%-d`; cal -h | sed -e 's/\r//g' -e 's/^/ /g' -e '1d' -e 's/\<'"$VinDSL_Cal_9"'\>/${color4}&${color3}/'}
    Any ideas on what the problem could be? Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hello, I just wanted to say thanks for both the great script nad the tutorial, it took me some time, but I finally got everything working and now I just have to make it my own. I've posted a pic, it's got both my ubuntu and semplice conky's. Although as you can see they are both the same (or very nearly). I'll post again once I've put my stamp on it, but it may be a few weeks or so cuz I spent most of a weeks spare time trying to sort it out, I guess I'm the wrong side of 21 to pick things up quickly. Again many thanks to you both and all the other contributors.
    Dai.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by dai_trying View Post
    Hello, I just wanted to say thanks [...]
    You're welcome!

Good job, BTW!

Beans
    Distro

Unity 5.0.0 testing just hit the ppas. Looks uber encouraging!

Playing around with it, as we 'speak'...

Ubuntu 12.04 alpha / Conky 1.8.1 / ACYL / Unity 5.0 / nVidia 290.10 / Liquorix 3.1 kernel ( Click image to expand )

Beans

Talking Re: HOWTO: VinDSL Conky Script

Being new to linux/ubuntu/conky this thread and all contributions have been great. Two months ago I had not used any form of linux since slackware and even then had not done any real programming. I found this forum and thread a few weeks ago and thanks to you guys I have a much better understanding of how conky works. I'm using VinDSL's script and still have some tweaking to do in my opinion the colors and lay out match the wallpaper I use so there's not much more to do except fix a couple of bugs in the weather section. Thanks this has been a big help.

Beans

Dear GREAT VinDSL,

With your help , i managed the script for resolution 1280*800*24. Include Battery meter , SSID, WLAN/ Eth0 status ...

Many thanks..

SSahib

Beans

@Discipulus357:

I hope you missed to install weather font .

Beans

sainusahib, I think you're right or maybe I've not installed it correctly. I do have a font called wef___.ttf in my .fonts dir but I still get only the letters. Is this the right font and if so should I try and re-install it?

Thanks for the help
    Discipulus357

Page 10 of 258 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast