Thread: Kubuntu 11.04 recomended upgrades.

Beans

Kubuntu 11.04 recomended upgrades.

If you are a Kubuntu user like myself there are a couple of things I would recommend you do after you do an install.

1. Install the VLC backend. (Seems to sound better and be a little more stable than the gstreamer backend)
    2. install the upgrade to Amarok, (need to add the PPA backport) This changes your Amarok from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1 which fixes several bugs and also increases stability.
    3. Install the VLC mozilla pluggin.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Kubuntu 11.04 recomended upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by vsteel View Post
    If you are a Kubuntu user like myself there are a couple of things I would recommend you do after you do an install.

1. Install the VLC backend. (Seems to sound better and be a little more stable than the gstreamer backend)
    2. install the upgrade to Amarok, (need to add the PPA backport) This changes your Amarok from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1 which fixes several bugs and also increases stability.
    3. Install the VLC mozilla pluggin.
    You can also updated to KDE 4.6.3 ... always a good idea to keep an eye on www.kubuntu.org (as for myself, I always sudo apt-get install kubuntu-restricted-extras)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by not found View Post
    You can also updated to KDE 4.6.3 ... always a good idea to keep an eye on www.kubuntu.org (as for myself, I always sudo apt-get install kubuntu-restricted-extras)

Also good advise. I do the same myself.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I've already added backports PPA, but Amarok doesn't upgrade from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1, any ideas why?
    I'm on Ubuntu 10.10

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Cigla View Post
    I've already added backports PPA, but Amarok doesn't upgrade from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1, any ideas why?
    I'm on Ubuntu 10.10
    I am not sure if Amarok 2.4.1 is available in the backports for Maverick Meerkat (10.10)... The PPA that is mentioned on www.kubuntu.org is for Natty Narwhal (11.04). It is possible that Amarok 2.4.1 isn't available via PPA for 10.10...

PS - Which backport did you add btw?