Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mouse cursor freezes intermittently Thinkpad Laptop

Beans

mouse cursor freezes intermittently Thinkpad Laptop

The mouse cursor freezes for a few seconds and it's a big problem. I tried to change my grub to:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash noapic nolapic"

but that did not solve. By googling, theres all sorts of forums about Linux and mouse cursor freezing problems on Thinkpads. I need this to go away ; can someone advise?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: mouse cursor freezes intermittently Thinkpad Laptop

Quote Originally Posted by maciej234 View Post
    The mouse cursor freezes for a few seconds and it's a big problem. I tried to change my grub to:

GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash noapic nolapic"

but that did not solve. By googling, theres all sorts of forums about Linux and mouse cursor freezing problems on Thinkpads. I need this to go away ; can someone advise?
    Hi, when does it do it?. What version of ubuntu are you using? what are your system spec?Laptop? how old is the system.Are you using the cube? or effects?
    Last edited by wildmanne39; May 29th, 2011 at 01:28 PM. Reason: edit

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wildmanne39 View Post
    Hi, when does it do it?. What version of ubuntu are you using? what are your system spec?Laptop? how old is the system.Are you using the cube? or effects?

I'm using the newest version of Ubuntu, The system is brand new its a 2nd gen INTEL i5 2510. It happens every 5 minutes, the cursor will be frozen and not respond for 2-3 seconds.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

I'm using the newest version of Ubuntu, The system is brand new its a 2nd gen INTEL i5 2510. It happens every 5 minutes, the cursor will be frozen and not respond for 2-3 seconds.
    Hi, do a search on the forums put in thinkpad cusor freezes and it will bring up your best answers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I'm thinking hardware. Are you using the touchpad or USB mouse? If the latter, try another USB port or another mouse (or try the mouse in another computer). Do you have another operating system on the computer?
    Give me a stable operating system, and I will make it unstable

Beans

it happens on live USB's for Linux mint and Fedora 15 too. The mouse just times out for a few seconds and I cant move the cursor. Happens on the Trackpoint and the touchpad

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

it happens on live USB's for Linux mint and Fedora 15 too. The mouse just times out for a few seconds and I cant move the cursor. Happens on the Trackpoint and the touchpad
    Then it does sound like hardware. I never had both a trackpoint and touchpad. I wonder if they could be fighting each other. Can you disable the one you use less?
    Give me a stable operating system, and I will make it unstable

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by corncob View Post
    Then it does sound like hardware. I never had both a trackpoint and touchpad. I wonder if they could be fighting each other. Can you disable the one you use less?

ive tried disabling and using just the track pointer but the freezing still happens every few minutes

Beans

Hi dude, I have exactly the same problem, the mouse cursor freezes, and i have to unplug the mouse and plug it to make the mouse work again. Btw, nothing appears in the logs about this mouse issue.
    So i opened a question in launchpad:
    https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu...uestion/162213

Beans

I am having the same problem using openSuse on a ThinkPad Edge 11. As far as I could see the problem might be related to the process 'kseriod' which seems to use a lot of cpu every time my mouse-pad freezes. Maybe this can help finding a solution to the problem...

I would highly appreciate any hints...

Thanks,

Chris

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast