Page 113 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 2344

Thread: [Boot-Repair] Graphical tool to repair the PC boot in one click

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: [Boot-Repair] Graphical tool to repair the PC boot in 1 click!

Quote Originally Posted by LightningHall View Post
    chkdsk. bootrec. all those didn't work. I deleted the Ubuntu partition, re-allocated it for Windows usage. Go figure, Windows wouldn't boot. I went into dos and deleted Ubuntu folder. Still no luck. So I googled, as one does, and found this: http://superuser.com/questions/46076...efi-bootloader which solved my problem. Mad props to that User.

I thank you all so very much for all your help. I'm going to try and re-dualboot W8 and Ubuntu and hopefully not fudge anything up some time in the future. Any suggestions on a page that shows the exact steps to go through?

Once again... thank you very VERY much!

How to mark this as solved?
    In that link: which advice did you use? The 'main one' by Alex with most votes?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sudodus View Post
    In that link: which advice did you use? The 'main one' by Alex with most votes?
    Yes. It starts with "I've spent a lot of time trying to get my Windows 8 PC to boot again after cloning to a new SSD and try to summarize how I finally got it all working -"

and thanks oldfred.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Windows XP startup Blue Screen (in Swedish), can this be repaired using Boot-Repair?

STOP: c000021a {Allvarlig systemfel}
    Systemprocessen Session Manager Initialization avslutades oväntat med statusen 0
    xc000026c (0x000000000x00000000).
    Systemet har avslutats.

Beans
    Hidden!

I don't think so, but it does not hurt to try.

I could be wrong but I think your problem in 'inside' Windows. If you are lucky, it's 'only' a recoverable error in the file system, that can be fixed with
    Code:
    chkdsk /f
    run from Windows, Bart PE or Windows 7 PE.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by sudodus View Post
    I don't think so, but it does not hurt to try.

I could be wrong but I think your problem in 'inside' Windows. If you are lucky, it's 'only' a recoverable error in the file system, that can be fixed with
    Code:
    chkdsk /f
    run from Windows, Bart PE or Windows 7 PE.
    Thanks! I might try Bart PE or Windows 7 PE. BTW, chkdsk /r could even be better. Wubi might be the cause of this possible damaged (Windows) NTFS file system; so next time, I might run (L)Ubuntu on a separate partition.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Lyfang View Post
    Thanks! I might try Bart PE or Windows 7 PE. BTW, chkdsk /r could even be better. Wubi might be the cause of this possible damaged (Windows) NTFS file system; so next time, I might run (L)Ubuntu on a separate partition.
    That's right, chkdsk /r could even be better, more thorough but slower

And since our developers have not managed to make wubi work with Windows 8, it is being phased out. I think there is no wubi in 13.04, and there will be no wubi in 13.10. So it might be a good idea for you to install Lubuntu on a separate partition. There is even a migrating tool for that purpose.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MigrateWubi

Lycka till

Beans

Hi everybody,
    I tried to install ubuntu onto a usb flash drive and ended up messing up my win7 machine. I was sent to this thread and ran the boot repair disk and got the message to write down this address: http://paste.ubuntu.com/5702041/

Can anyone here read swahili?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by lonestranger View Post
    Hi everybody,
    I tried to install ubuntu onto a usb flash drive and ended up messing up my win7 machine. I was sent to this thread and ran the boot repair disk and got the message to write down this address: http://paste.ubuntu.com/5702041/

Can anyone here read swahili?
    Can you boot Windows7? Have you tried booting into Windows7 without Ubuntu USB plugged in?

To boot Ubuntu from USB on a machine that boots with UEFI you need to have a 'GUID Partition Table" (GPT) on the USB Flash Drive. You don't.

First of all make sure that your Windows7 can boot. I think it should. If not run windows recovery or windows repair. Once this is done and confirmed:

Then Partition your USB flash drive using Gparted from Ubuntu Install DVD/USB and create new partition table with GPT. Create First partition on as 300MB FAT32 and put a Boot Flag on it. Then create rest of the Partitions. Make sure you are booting with EFI/UEFI mode and Install Ubuntu. Install GRUB on USB where you are installing Ubuntu. Reboot. If you have any problems booting then use BOOT-REPAIR to fix the boot.

Also, You have to tell your BIOS/UEFI to boot USB devices first to be able to boot from UBUNTU-USB.
    Last edited by fantab; May 26th, 2013 at 06:39 AM.
    "Evolution is Nature's way of issuing upgrades."

Beans

When I turn my (new) windows 7 pc on, I get the (ubuntu) screen that lets me choose ubuntu or win7, win7 recovery, etc. But any of the windows 7 choices get a message that boot information is missing.

But NOW look! Last night I was typing in the sudo chroot commands that the boot repair disk was giving me and now when I turn the computer on I get the message: "error: file '/boot/grub/i386-pc/normal.mod' not found.
    grub rescue>

Thanks for the question. I hate feeling so helpless.

Beans

P.S. Fantab, what's your bitcoin address?

Page 113 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast