Thread: 11.04 on MBP 7,1:*two finger click-and-drag

Beans

11.04 on MBP 7,1:*two finger click-and-drag

Hi,

I Installed Ubuntu 11.04 on my MacBook Pro 7,1 and configured it according to:
    https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MacBookPro7-1/Natty

Now I have the following difficulty in configuration:

• The Mac touch-pad is working so far. But can I activate the "two finger click-and-drag" to mark any text?

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Beans

Re: 11.04 on MBP 7,1:*two finger click-and-drag

I'm wondering if anyone is able to resolve this issue? In osx I am able to use my thumb to click the bottom left part of the touchpad, while using my other fingers to highlight txt. Is this possible in ubuntu? I'm running 11.04 and mbp 7,1 as well.

Beans

hi im using a new macbook pro 8,2 and ubuntu 11.04 touch pad worked out of the box then added the ppa mactel repositorys and have got some multi touch functionality all apart from the most frustrating as the mouch wont detect two finger input with movement if i have my thumb on the pad i cant move the pointer so this makes a lot of tasks i would take for granted extreamly annoying. any help would be much apreceated.

Beans

Search the forum here for the mtrack driver. To me, it brings the trackpad functionality in Ubuntu to just under the level of Snow Leopard but better than Lion.

It lets you click with your thumb and drag or select with a finger.