Thread: Desirable Totem (Movie Player) dependencies interfere with Miro Installation

Beans

Desirable Totem (Movie Player) dependencies interfere with Miro Installation

Hello,

I was experiencing problems in Totem (Movie Player) seeking through some mp3 files. This problem, luckily, was solved (as per this launchpad bug post) by swapping the package:

gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad

for the package:

gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-multiverse

The only problem being that the package Miro requires:

gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad

So, this makes me have to choose between Totem and Miro. I'd like to use both, fully enabled. Does anyone have any thoughts about this? I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
    HUZZAH UBUNTU, HUZZAH!

Beans

Re: Desirable Totem (Movie Player) dependencies interfere with Miro Installation

Try re-installing gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad, the 2 plugins aren't an either or, they provide different things.

Beans

Re: Desirable Totem (Movie Player) dependencies interfere with Miro Installation

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    Try re-installing gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad, the 2 plugins aren't an either or, they provide different things.
    Hey mc4man,

I appreciate the reply, but "gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad" cripples Totem on my install (the aforementioned seeking issue). If I had to choose between the lesser of two evils, I will choose to have mp3 seeking, that's pretty important for me.

My goal would be to find a workaround where I can have Totem execute seeking and have the ability to install Miro. I hear where you're coming from though...

Cheers!
    HUZZAH UBUNTU, HUZZAH!

Beans

Interesting - must be something about certain mp3's
    seeking in mp3's is provided by the bad or fluendo plugin, don't see that the bad multiverse provides anything here
    (multiverse variants mainly provide encoding supports

If you come across a link to an mp3 that shows this post a link..