Thread: Graphical bug after hibernation + restart

Beans

Graphical bug after hibernation + restart

Hi,
    since my update to version 11.04, I am experiencing a bug when using hibernation and restarting afterwards.

Description:
    When starting up the hibernated system, everything is normal until the end of the boot manager. Afterwards, (once there is something on the screen again, as it does switch to black afterwards), I am able to see only about 1/5th of my screen clearly. The left 4/5th of my screen are displayed as pure black with scrambled colored pixels at the upper 2 centimeters of the black area. The only thing that is displayed as it should in that area is my mouse pointer.

It is possible with some luck to log in from this screen (the luck is needed to find the correct place to click on to change from user selection to the PW field, where I can use the mouse pointer to find the PW field as it changes for text editing about the field, as it is expected to.)

The funny thing is that you can catch small glimpses of what the screen actually looks like if there are bigger screen changes (during log on, when moving the mouse around and hovering buttons by chance, when using <Super> + 'e' to change the currently viewed desktop or when switching windows via alt + tab, ...), as then the screen flickers and shows for a fraction of a second what would normally be shown all the time.

Any ideas how to solve this without having to downgrade? Any additional details I could give you to help finding the source of the problem?

I'm using an asus eee pc 1005ha, BTW. It was originally shipped with windows. And I am using the normal release of ubuntu instead of the netbook release as I did't like the look and feel of that version, when I first saw its default look on the netbook of a friend of mine. Also I am logging on to the classic view as I didn't like the changes of v11.04 either as there was no possibility to configure them properly to fit my needs...

mfg,
    Old

Beans

Re: Graphical bug after hibernation + restart

Is there nobody to reply? Has anyone seen the same problem?

My girlfriend does have the same netbook as I do and she got the exact same problem as I did after upgrading.