Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flash Player Sound Lag Issue

Beans

Angry Flash Player Sound Lag Issue

Hello, I am using Ubuntu 11.04 on a dual boot with Windows 7, done through Wubi. Whenever I try to play a flash game, I get about a 2 second lag between the action and the sound. Very strange. When I have searched the Internet, some people claim to have the same problem and others don't. This leads me to believe that there is a hardware incompatibility somewhere along the line. But really, I have no clue as to why this would happen. This problem isn't restricted to Ubuntu, as I have used the other popular Linux distribution Fedora, and had the exact same problem. If you do find a solution, please give me set by step instructions on how to fix it, as I am fairly knew to Linux and Ubuntu. Thanks for the help.

Beans

Re: Flash Player Sound Lag Issue

Bump.

Beans

bump

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Install firefox, and install Flash Aid plugin, and use it to clean out your flash and install the correct flash plugin for your system. I had the same problem in Beta 11.04 and it totally solved it in less than a couple of minutes.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by linuxinstalledfromhdd View Post
    Install firefox, and install Flash Aid plugin, and use it to clean out your flash and install the correct flash plugin for your system. I had the same problem in Beta 11.04 and it totally solved it in less than a couple of minutes.
    Do you mean uninstall the current version of firefox I am using, then install it again along with flash aide? Couldn't I just install flash aide without reinstalling?

Beans
    Distro

Easy peezy.

Open firefox. Google "Flash Aid" plugin for Firefox. Install it. Run it. And you should be good to go.

Beans

Just tried it. Ran the program, restated the browser. tried a game and the same issue.

Beans
    Distro

fixed my issue. Sounds like a hardware issue at your end probably

Beans

I'm quite sure my computer is capable of handling flash games. A dual core 3.2 ghz phenom shouldn't be tripped up by crush the castle from armorgames.com. Could it be an incompatibility with Linux? It happened in Fedora as well....

Beans
    Distro

you gotta reboot that too

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast