Thread: Banshee Album Art

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Banshee Album Art

Hey Guys,
    Sorry if this is in the wrong category but I didn't know where to put it!
    Anyway, I am running Ubuntu 11.04 using Banshee 2.0, but on my way moving from 10.10 to 11.04 my album art has gone missing, that's not that bad as most of them Banshee fetched from some random website (probably Last.fm) and they were so blurry!
    So anyway I want to get high quality album art (LEGALLY!) for my collection of about 93 songs, most songs are popular songs so they shouldn't be that hard to find album art for, but I just want a legal way to get high quality album art.

Please Help!

Thanks,
    Jacob!
    SEX, Now that I have your attention please read my post
    Linux For Life
    Just for future purposes "You're Welcome"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Banshee Album Art

Bump
    Linux For Life

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Please Help! Really want to know!
    Linux For Life

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Does Banshee fetch album art? I really don't know. What I do is to include the album art in the id3 tags for each track using Easytag (it's in the repositories). It's a bit tedious as you have to tag each track on each album - if not already tagged. But then Banshee picks up the images automatically. And other players do, including my Sony PS3.

Where to get the images? If you purchase albums from Ubuntu One Music Store or Amazon, the images are included already. I guess that's so for other mp3 stores, but U1 and Amazon are the only ones I have experience of.

Where to get suitable album jpegs? A google search (google "download album art free") threw up this site:

http://www.coverhunt.com/

Note what it says at the bottom of the page, though, in very small type in an inconspicuous colour:

© 2011 CoverHunt. CD Covers are the property of their respective owners.
    Or you could scan your own CD covers to jpegs - a resolution of about 300x300 is all you need. Legal? I don't know, but so long as you don't sell the jpegs and the scans are for your own use, I can't see a moral objection.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    Does Banshee fetch album art? I really don't know. What I do is to include the album art in the id3 tags for each track using Easytag (it's in the repositories). It's a bit tedious as you have to tag each track on each album - if not already tagged. But then Banshee picks up the images automatically. And other players do, including my Sony PS3.

Where to get the images? If you purchase albums from Ubuntu One Music Store or Amazon, the images are included already. I guess that's so for other mp3 stores, but U1 and Amazon are the only ones I have experience of.

Where to get suitable album jpegs? A google search (google "download album art free") threw up this site:

http://www.coverhunt.com/

Note what it says at the bottom of the page, though, in very small type in an inconspicuous colour:

Or you could scan your own CD covers to jpegs - a resolution of about 300x300 is all you need. Legal? I don't know, but so long as you don't sell the jpegs and the scans are for your own use, I can't see a moral objection.
    The cover's Banshee fetches are BLURRY!!!!!
    And it's against Amazons T&S to use theirs!
    Linux For Life

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecat View Post
    Or MusicBrainz Picard (also in repositories). Tag mp3s automatically based on signature and add album art (via plugin)