Thread: Unity

Beans

Unity

OK I just installed 11.04 on my desktop computer at home and on the first boot was told that my computer lacked the necessary hardware to run unity. Until this note I had never heard of Unity so I had to look it up. OK it seems that it was developed for netbooks which are tiny little things like the first laptop computers were before they got bigger and better. Then I found that Unity was to be the default desktop beginning with 11.04. Now I get this message regarding hardware insufficiency.

I cannot find, anywhere, any other references to "miminum hardware" for Unity. What are these requirements and if they will run on a netbook with an Atom processor why in the world will they find my Phenom Quad "insufficient"?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Beans

Re: Unity

First step would be sharing information about your computer...make, model....etc...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Unity

If you are running a Nvidia graphics card you may have to log into Classic Gnome to install the proprietary driver to run Unity.

I had the same message and was automatically taken to the Clasic Gnome DE . When the name is entered in the greeter box you can choose what DE you want to log into from the session list on the bottom panel .
    Last edited by Frogs Hair; May 10th, 2011 at 03:29 AM.
    “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can."

Ubuntu Documentation Search: Popular Pages
    Ubuntu: Security Basics
    Ubuntu: Manual