EETI just put up the new driver a couple days ago!! I just installed it and since running the calibration it's been working great! Here is how to get it working:
1. Download the driver from http://home.eeti.com.tw/web20/eGalax...inuxDriver.htm and save it in your Downloads folder (usually this happens by default through Firefox).
2. Open a terminal and enter the command (without the quotes) "sudo su", then enter your password.
3. Enter the command (without the quotes) "cd Downloads" followed by "./setup.sh"
4. Follow the simple instructions given in your terminal.
5. Reboot your computer once setup has completed.
6. Push Alt+F2 and type "eGalaxTouch" then press enter.
7. From here you can run calibation and set up your screen. After calibration it should work like a charm!
And I can't got it working! wrote to developers, here is what they answered:
>Unfortunately, you may be victim of counterfeit.
>Please refer below link:
>Please contact your supplier to solve your problem.
Drivers intalled ok, but touchscreen don't work.
But I got it working with usbtouchscreen module. Only can't calibrate.
Standart ubuntu callibration utitlity gives wrong parameters.
Could anybody explain the meaning of calibration params MIN_X and MAX_X ?
Hey serafxxx, what type of screen are you using? Under a fresh install of Natty the screen at least reacted to touch. The cursor would just jump all over the screen and it wasn't really usable. Before I installed this new driver I did a clean install of Natty (32-bit). I ran all the OS updates after the touchscreen driver was installed.
I'm using eGalax touchscreen. Yes, you are right, it's working out from the box if you connect touchscreen and reboot (this was the problem)
Now I can't calibrate it with standart X calibration utility - it returns wrong data.
I tryed to calibrate it with hands, but can't do it preciacely.
Drivers from eGalax and their calibration utility are not working for me.
Supplyer showed another set of drivers for my screen: http://www.fancyview.com/support/support_en.asp , but there is no one for Ubuntu..
Any way will try them soon.
Sorry, can't understand you..Did you actually listen to back again using the driver guy?