Thread: Is Ubuntu Wales still functional?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Is Ubuntu Wales still functional?

I noticed that apart from the thread where new people introduce themselves that this group seems to be defunct, not having had any real activity for nearly two years.

It would be good to get something going again, and maybe arrange a meet-up sometime to discuss some activities. I very much doubt that I am alone in promoting Ubuntu, and Linux, and OSS to all and sundry, sometimes whether they want to know about it or not!

Ideally I'd like to see the group arrive at a situation where we can attend local events to promote Ubuntu. As you know, people are sceptical, but often the proof of the pudding is seeing a system up and running and doing everything it's user wants it to do.

I'd also like to become more involved in the Welsh translation as recently the amount of stuff translated into Welsh seems to have fallen off, and I noticed when installing 11.04 that there wasn't even a Welsh install option. I of course shall be contacting the Welsh translation group to ask about this, and about any ways I can contribute.

Cheers,

Padi.
    Nid yw Anarchiaeth am anrhefn a chwal, ond am Ryddid, Cyfrifoldeb a Threfn
    Anarchy isn't about chaos and disorder, it's about Freedom, Responsibility and Order.

Beans

Re: Is Ubuntu Wales still functional?

I agree it would be good to get a few local meets going. It seems that the amount of people talking to me about Ubuntu has increased dramaticly in the last 2-3years and a couple of meet/howTo's could really get this forum going again.