Thread: This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system that supports

Beans
    Hidden!

This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system that supports

I have made an iso that I want to add some files too. I have tried ISO Master. But when I open it with ISO Master, there is just one txt file in the ISO that says

Code:
    This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system
    that supports the ISO-13346 "UDF" file system specification.
    How am I able to open this iso in ubuntu and add some files to it and the close it back so that I have the iso with the added files.

Thanks.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system that supp

Ok I got it done.

What I did was to download MagicISO for Windows (May work in wine? I did not try). And that was able to recognize the ISO and was able to add and re-save the ISO in MagicISO.
    Last edited by sefs; May 7th, 2011 at 12:31 PM.

Beans

Re: This disc contains a "UDF" file system and requires an operating system that supp

This is so not what I would call solved, yet this windows nonsense is at the top of my google search results.

Beans

Linux supports UDF just fine, but you may need to explicitly specify it as a UDF. You can do this at a command line prompt like this:

Code:
    sudo mount -t udf /dev/dvd /mnt
    You can add more options, change the mount point, etc.; see the mount man page for details. If the disc was created to enable read/write support, Linux's UDF driver might enable writing to the disc. If not, you could copy the files to a temporary disk directory, modify them, and burn a new disc with growisofs or your favorite GUI CD/DVD utility.

I'm not sure how you'd do this with a GUI tool like Nautilus. It might recognize and favor UDF over ISO-9660 or it might not; I've never checked to see.
    If I've suggested a solution to a problem and you're not the original poster, do not try my solution! Problems can seem similar but be different, and a good solution to one problem can make another worse. Post a new thread with your problem details.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Eric B View Post
    This is so not what I would call solved, yet this windows nonsense is at the top of my google search results.
    LOL really? Well we better get a proper solution going here....

From what I gather by default the ubuntu fstab has for it's cd/dvd mount line

Code:
    /dev/scd0       /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto,exec,utf8 0       0
    if you change the udf,iso9660 bit to auto, like below, then ubuntu should automount udf...

Code:
    /dev/scd0       /media/cdrom0   auto user,noauto,exec,utf8 0       0