Thread: Continual Reboot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Continual Reboot

I have had 10.04 LTS installed on my desktop along with Windows XP. Everything worked fine for quite some time, then all of a sudden my machine would to nothing but continually reboot upon startup before reaching the dual boot menu.

I wiped the drive and performed a clean install of Windows XP and all upgrades. The machine performed as expected and booted without fail. I then installed 10.04 LTS. The install ocurred without incident. On restart the machine began to continually reboot itself before reaching the dual boot menu.

I again wiped the drive and install just 10.04 LTS. Once again, the install occured without incident. On restart the machine began to continually reboot itself.

I again wiped the drive and installed Windows XP. The machine is behaving normally.

Since 10.04 LTS worked fine beforehand, I am completely stumped as to what could be the cause for not working now. Any insight is appreciated.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Continual Reboot

have you made an ubuntu install like this one:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...28&postcount=2

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by dino99 View Post
    have you made an ubuntu install like this one:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...28&postcount=2
    No, I haven't. The initial install of 10.04 LTS was performed within Windows using the Windows Installer, which worked just fine for months on end.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Munster View Post
    No, I haven't. The initial install of 10.04 LTS was performed within Windows using the Windows Installer, which worked just fine for months on end.
    so if you speak about wubi, its up to you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by dino99 View Post
    so if you speak about wubi, its up to you
    I suppose it is. I would just like to find out what is causing the problem after working flawlessly for approximately 6 months. I need the dual boot on this machine.

I have installed 10.04 LTS on my laptop as the only operating system without a problem for the same amount of time.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Wasn't it better to install Ubuntu next to ******* (a true double boot) rather than as a Wubi install?
    Bringing old hardware back to life. About problems due to upgrading.
    Please visit Quick Links -> Unanswered Posts.
    Don't use this space for a list of your hardware. It only creates false hits in the search engines.