Thread: Unity global menu not working with Java application - had to switch to classic deskto

MountainX is offline Iced Blended Vanilla Crème Ubuntu
    Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Unity global menu not working with Java application - had to switch to classic deskto

Anyone else seeing this? The java application's menu won't show up anywhere when running Unity. I had to switch to the classic desktop to be able to use the java application.

In Unity, all I saw was the name of the application in the global menu. Moving the mouse over the global menu made the name disappear. None of the menu items were ever visible (or accessible). In classic mode, everything works as expected.
    Desktop: KX Studio (Kubuntu 12.04)
    Laptop & Netbook: Kubuntu 12.04
    Tablet: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
    Phone: Nexus 4 Cyanogenmod

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Unity global menu not working with Java application - had to switch to classic de

I noticed almost the same thing, but in my case ( ubuntu 11.04 amd64 with unity plugin ), when I hover over the ( java ) application bar, the name disappear, but the menu bar is accessible through a second bar under the application bar as in classic mode

Is there a way to I dunno, implements the unity features in java swing applications ?
    Last edited by sephiroth_slash; May 1st, 2011 at 03:41 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Unity global menu not working with Java application - had to switch to classic de

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth_slash View Post
    I noticed almost the same thing, but in my case ( ubuntu 11.04 amd64 with unity plugin ), when I hover over the ( java ) application bar, the name disappear, but the menu bar is accessible through a second bar under the application bar as in classic mode

Is there a way to I dunno, implements the unity features in java swing applications ?
    Thanks for letting me know. I will ask a Canonical support engineer about this...

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Here's a workaround: disable global menus:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/10481...plication-menu