Thread: Widelands build 16

Beans

Widelands build 16

Hey guys, i just thought i would give you all a headsup. Recently, Widelands build 16 was released, but the one you find in Ubuntu's repositories is build 15-2 (i think). However, theres a guy over at Widelands community that has made his own PPA, that yall can add to your software manager to get your hands on the latest build.

I dont know how this will work out if you already have Widelands installed and try to update it, but for a fresh install it should work out nicely, atleast it did for me. So without further ado, here is the PPA link.

Code:
    ppa:timo-wingender/ppa
    Just copy that into your software resources and you should be set..

Build 16 holds alot of bugfixes and other implements. Its a great build and is truly worth the download.

If any of you guys dont know what the game is about, well its a open source game based on settlers 1 and 2 by bluebyte. And for all you strategy fans, this is a must have. If you want more information just head over to http://wl.widelands.org/

Happy gaming everybody

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Widelands build 16

Hey thanks! I read the website, and thought it was kind of stiffing the Linux community that they weren't going to try and produce Linux binaries anymore. That just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.