Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1386

Thread: Graphics Resolution- Upgrade /Blank Screen after reboot

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: Graphics Resolution- Upgrade /Blank Screen after reboot

@A Traveller
    I realize this thread is now 137 pages, but if the solutions posted do not directly work probably better to post your own thread.
    The nVidia requires nomodeset.
    And if system if old, Lubuntu or one of the other lighter weight flavors may be a better choice.
    Light weight flavors
    Lubuntu, xubuntu, Ubuntu mate, Budgie
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans

Thanks for your reply and advice, oldfred, I appreciate it!

I just posted here first in case anyone spotted something in the text I posted that could help. I will go through the various steps suggested. I do recall doing the nomodeset thing on the previous occasions (as well as something to do with ro or something; can't remember, but nothing worked). I will try these again of course and post in a new thread if I still haven't managed to get anywhere. I also remember being advised to try a lighter flavour and I made sure I created a Lubuntu CD at the same time as the main Ubuntu one, because experience has thought me this would be relevant shortly!

Thanks.

Beans

Finally, Bionic Beaver is running on my DELL XPS 9343

Finally, got the Bionic Beaver running on the DELL XPS 9343. I spent the better part of two weeks trying to find a way to upgrade the existing system on the laptop to Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS. I couldn't find any reports of an upgrade problem like mine despite multiple searches with DELL, Ubuntu, Canonical, and others. I saw the problem as a challenge and spent many, many hours trying to remedy the situation.

The situation as I saw it was that the online upgrade from my 16.04 LTS to 18.04.1 LTS seemed to break down from the outset. I never was able to establish a GUI (graphic user interface) that permitted me to login. Initially, I got the new gnome based gdm3 sign-on screen with all of my users identified in a vertical list but anytime I chose one, I got an immediate error with the message 'Authentication Error'.

So, I went into Recovery mode using Ubuntu Linux 18.04.1 LTS version 4.15.0.32-generic. I simplified one of my user's passwords to no avail. I tried creating a new user with a new password but that didn't work either. To make a long, long, story short, I chased down many leads and tried many fixes using Recovery mode. The Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS Recovery mode features otherwise seemed to be working OK in the tty / Terminal mode but I never established a consistent GUI based interface.
    I also had prepared a copy of Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS on a bootable USB 3.0 device. Using the BIOS Setup and booting from that device seemed to work fine on the same DELL XPS that I was trying to upgrade. I had previously backed up most of my data onto other media. Ultimately after copying a few more files from Recovery mode to backup media, I launched the option to Install 18.04.1 LTS from the USB 3.0 bootable drive. In using the USB drive, I was able to determine that I had internet connection via both ethernet and wireless options and their didn't appear to be any problems with the display or other devices. I did get a return to some unwanted sensitivity of the touchpad that I had experienced with my two previous versions of Ubuntu 14.04 and 16.04 on the DELL XPS. That doesn't seem to be an Ubuntu issue.

The fresh installation from the bootable USB drive to Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS went 'very' smoothly and even by going particularly slowly and carefully with each step, the new installation took less than an hour.

In some ways I regretted not having taken that route in the first place. On the other hand, I learned a lot about the new version of Ubuntu using the Live Session from the USB drive. I also learned a great deal more about the intricacies of Ubuntu Linux from spending so much time as root in the Recovery mode.

In summary, I would suggest that if you decide to try to upgrade your DELL XPS laptop from Ubuntu 14.04 LTS or 16.04 LTS be prepared for some possible disappointment. On the chance that the upgrade wont work smoothly, have your data backed up in advance. Prepare bootable media so that you can try out Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on your system before you try to upgrade. If you do decide to try the upgrade rather than a new install over your existing hard drive, good luck! If you are unlucky with completing the upgrade using the Ubuntu Software Updater utility, I would suggest you can save a great deal of time by doing a new install from a USB bootable or similar device.

I still feel Ubuntu Linux and Bionic Beaver have a lot to offer if you can get past the occasionally thrilling bumps along the road.
    Last edited by oldos2er; September 1st, 2018 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Removed email address.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by bruno172 View Post
    In summary, I would suggest that if you decide to try to upgrade your DELL XPS laptop from Ubuntu 14.04 LTS or 16.04 LTS be prepared for some possible disappointment. On the chance that the upgrade wont work smoothly, have your data backed up in advance. Prepare bootable media so that you can try out Ubuntu 18.04 LTS on your system before you try to upgrade. If you do decide to try the upgrade rather than a new install over your existing hard drive, good luck! If you are unlucky with completing the upgrade using the Ubuntu Software Updater utility, I would suggest you can save a great deal of time by doing a new install from a USB bootable or similar device.
    +1

May I add, that you can probably keep /home, which is easy if you copy the old /home directory to a separate home partition, and select 'Something else' at the partitioning page of the installer, where you can select not only / (the root partition) which should be formatted, but also /home (the home partition) which should not be formatted.

This way the personal settings (in the hidden files of user home directories) as well as personal files will be transferred to the new system. But global settings and installed programs must be fixed manually.

Beans

Thanks for the report, bruno172. I knew I felt better about installing any new major release of the distro from scratch rather than accept an "upgrade" based on the prior version, and you have provided a concrete reason backing up my feeling, even though I don't have the same model of computer as yours.

As an aside, in response to the followup by sudodus, I don't keep my personal files in ~, because ~ includes the "dot" files established by applications. I keep my personal files in directories the entire content of which I control manually, on a partition defined by me and mounted at /mnt/local. Part of that forms the basis for my backups.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Waugh View Post
    As an aside, in response to the followup by sudodus, I don't keep my personal files in ~, because ~ includes the "dot" files established by applications. I keep my personal files in directories the entire content of which I control manually, on a partition defined by me and mounted at /mnt/local. Part of that forms the basis for my backups.
    +1

This is a good alternative. As a matter of fact, I do that too, I have a data partition mounted at /mnt, and I back it up separately like you. (But I know that many people prefer using a home partition.)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi MAFoElffen,

I don't know if you can help me. I am a mere simpleton when it comes to computer software. However I can at least use the terminal to run commands when instructed in a very basic way, and I love my old UbuntuGnome 14.04 with ESM and Advantage to extend until next year, running on a 2014 Mac-mini with Intel® Haswell graphics.

My problem is with changing the display resolution, currently set to 1024x768 on my old Dell monitor. The settings facility on this monitor tells me the optimum resolution is 1280x1024 (5:4), so I changed it using the Screen Display GUI. The result was a much improved resolution. It worked perfectly until I rebooted the computer then got a blank screen after the login with the notification 'Cannot display this video mode'.

Subsequent reboots using recovery mode only gave me the software llvm graphics. So I searched this thread but couldn't get anywhere with trying to change the resolution by altering the grub file (I couldn't get permissions and sudo in the terminal didn't work for me).

Anyway if you can help that would be really great. Here is the hardware info:

Code:
    sudo lspci -vvn | grep -i VGA
    Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    00:02.0 0300: 8086:0a2e (rev 09) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
    Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
    Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
    Control: I/O- Mem- BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR- NoISA- VGA- MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Control: I/O- Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
    Control: I/O- Mem- BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+

sudo lshw -numeric -class video
    *-display
    description: VGA compatible controller
    product: Haswell-ULT Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:A2E]
    vendor: Intel Corporation [8086]
    physical id: 2
    bus info: pci@0000:00:02.0
    version: 09
    width: 64 bits
    clock: 33MHz
    capabilities: msi pm vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
    configuration: driver=i915 latency=0
    resources: irq:50 memory:a0000000-a03fffff memory:90000000-9fffffff ioport:2000(size=64)
    Code:
    cat /var/log/Xorg.0.log
    [ 6.137]
    X.Org X Server 1.18.3
    Release Date: 2016-04-04
    [ 6.137] X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
    [ 6.137] Build Operating System: Linux 4.4.0-97-generic x86_64 Ubuntu
    [ 6.137] Current Operating System: Linux ltcc15-Macmini-ubuntu14 4.4.0-148-generic #174~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu May 9 08:17:37 UTC 2019 x86_64
    [ 6.137] Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.4.0-148-generic root=UUID=e227459c-2c47-4d56-9241-6743d77f3b7e ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
    [ 6.137] Build Date: 13 October 2017 02:07:47PM
    [ 6.137] xorg-server 2:1.18.3-1ubuntu2.3~trusty4 (For technical support please see http://www.ubuntu.com/support)
    [ 6.137] Current version of pixman: 0.30.2
    [ 6.137] Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
    to make sure that you have the latest version.
    [ 6.137] Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
    (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
    (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
    [ 6.137] (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Sun Aug 8 00:01:48 2021
    [ 6.138] (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
    [ 6.138] (==) No Layout section. Using the first Screen section.
    [ 6.138] (==) No screen section available. Using defaults.
    [ 6.138] (**) |-->Screen "Default Screen Section" (0)
    [ 6.138] (**) | |-->Monitor "<default monitor>"
    [ 6.140] (==) No monitor specified for screen "Default Screen Section".
    Using a default monitor configuration.
    [ 6.140] (==) Automatically adding devices
    [ 6.140] (==) Automatically enabling devices
    [ 6.140] (==) Automatically adding GPU devices
    [ 6.140] (==) Max clients allowed: 256, resource mask: 0x1fffff
    [ 6.140] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic" does not exist.
    [ 6.140] Entry deleted from font path.
    [ 6.140] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/" does not exist.
    [ 6.140] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi" does not exist.
    [ 6.140] (==) FontPath set to:
    /usr/share/fonts/X11/misc,
    /usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/:unscaled,
    /usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1,
    /usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi,
    built-ins
    [ 6.140] (==) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xorg/extra-modules,/usr/lib/xorg/extra-modules,/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
    [ 6.140] (II) The server relies on udev to provide the list of input devices.
    If no devices become available, reconfigure udev or disable AutoAddDevices.
    [ 6.140] (II) Loader magic: 0x555904e75d00
    [ 6.140] (II) Module ABI versions:
    [ 6.140] X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.4
    [ 6.140] X.Org Video Driver: 20.0
    [ 6.140] X.Org XInput driver : 22.1
    [ 6.140] X.Org Server Extension : 9.0
    [ 6.141] (++) using VT number 7

[ 6.141] (II) systemd-logind: logind integration requires -keeptty and -keeptty was not provided, disabling logind integration
    [ 6.141] (II) xfree86: Adding drm device (/dev/dri/card0)
    [ 6.147] (--) PCI:*(0:0:2:0) 8086:0a2e:106b:0141 rev 9, Mem @ 0xa0000000/4194304, 0x90000000/268435456, I/O @ 0x00002000/64
    [ 6.147] (II) LoadModule: "glx"
    [ 6.149] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
    [ 6.162] (II) Module glx: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [ 6.163] compiled for 1.18.3, module version = 1.0.0
    [ 6.163] ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 9.0
    [ 6.163] (==) AIGLX enabled
    [ 6.163] (==) Matched intel as autoconfigured driver 0
    [ 6.163] (==) Matched intel as autoconfigured driver 1
    [ 6.163] (==) Matched modesetting as autoconfigured driver 2
    [ 6.163] (==) Matched fbdev as autoconfigured driver 3
    [ 6.163] (==) Matched vesa as autoconfigured driver 4
    [ 6.163] (==) Assigned the driver to the xf86ConfigLayout
    [ 6.163] (II) LoadModule: "intel"
    [ 6.163] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/intel_drv.so
    [ 6.168] (II) Module intel: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [ 6.168] compiled for 1.18.3, module version = 2.99.917
    [ 6.168] Module class: X.Org Video Driver
    [ 6.168] ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 20.0
    [ 6.168] (II) LoadModule: "modesetting"
    [ 6.168] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/modesetting_drv.so
    [ 6.168] (II) Module modesetting: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [ 6.168] compiled for 1.18.3, module version = 1.18.3
    [ 6.168] Module class: X.Org Video Driver
    [ 6.168] ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 20.0
    [ 6.168] (II) LoadModule: "fbdev"
    [ 6.168] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fbdev_drv.so
    [ 6.169] (II) Module fbdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [ 6.169] compiled for 1.18.3, module version = 0.4.4
    [ 6.169] Module class: X.Org Video Driver
    [ 6.169] ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 20.0
    [ 6.169] (II) LoadModule: "vesa"
    [ 6.169] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/vesa_drv.so
    [ 6.169] (II) Module vesa: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [ 6.169] compiled for 1.18.3, module version = 2.3.4
    [ 6.169] Module class: X.Org Video Driver
    [ 6.169] ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 20.0
    [ 6.169] (II) intel: Driver for Intel(R) Integrated Graphics Chipsets:
    i810, i810-dc100, i810e, i815, i830M, 845G, 854, 852GM/855GM, 865G,
    915G, E7221 (i915), 915GM, 945G, 945GM, 945GME, Pineview GM,
    Pineview G, 965G, G35, 965Q, 946GZ, 965GM, 965GME/GLE, G33, Q35, Q33,
    GM45, 4 Series, G45/G43, Q45/Q43, G41, B43
    [ 6.169] (II) intel: Driver for Intel(R) HD Graphics: 2000-6000
    [ 6.169] (II) intel: Driver for Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics: 5100, 6100
    [ 6.169] (II) intel: Driver for Intel(R) Iris(TM) Pro Graphics: 5200, 6200, P6300
    [ 6.169] (II) modesetting: Driver for Modesetting Kernel Drivers: kms
    [ 6.169] (II) FBDEV: driver for framebuffer: fbdev
    [ 6.169] (II) VESA: driver for VESA chipsets: vesa
    [ 6.171] (II) intel(0): Using Kernel Mode Setting driver: i915, version 1.6.0 20151010
    [ 6.171] (II) intel(0): SNA compiled: xserver-xorg-video-intel-lts-xenial 2:2.99.917+git20160325-1ubuntu1~trusty1 (Timo Aaltonen <tjaalton@debian.org>)
    [ 6.171] (II) intel(0): SNA compiled for use with valgrind
    [ 6.171] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for modesetting
    [ 6.171] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for fbdev
    [ 6.171] (II) Loading sub module "fbdevhw"
    [ 6.171] (II) LoadModule: "fbdevhw"
    [ 6.171] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfbdevhw.so
    [ 6.171] (II) Module fbdevhw: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [ 6.171] compiled for 1.18.3, module version = 0.0.2
    [ 6.171] ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 20.0
    [ 6.171] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for vesa
    [ 6.172] (--) intel(0): Integrated Graphics Chipset: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 5100
    [ 6.172] (--) intel(0): CPU: x86-64, sse2, sse3, ssse3, sse4.1, sse4.2, avx, avx2; using a maximum of 2 threads
    [ 6.172] (II) intel(0): Creating default Display subsection in Screen section
    "Default Screen Section" for depth/fbbpp 24/32
    [ 6.172] (==) intel(0): Depth 24, (--) framebuffer bpp 32
    [ 6.172] (==) intel(0): RGB weight 888
    [ 6.172] (==) intel(0): Default visual is TrueColor
    [ 6.174] (II) intel(0): Output DP1 has no monitor section
    [ 6.174] (II) intel(0): Enabled output DP1
    [ 6.174] (II) intel(0): Output HDMI1 has no monitor section
    [ 6.174] (II) intel(0): Enabled output HDMI1
    [ 6.174] (II) intel(0): Output DP2 has no monitor section
    [ 6.174] (II) intel(0): Enabled output DP2
    [ 6.174] (II) intel(0): Output HDMI2 has no monitor section
    [ 6.174] (II) intel(0): Enabled output HDMI2
    [ 6.174] (--) intel(0): Using a maximum size of 256x256 for hardware cursors
    [ 6.175] (II) intel(0): Output VIRTUAL1 has no monitor section
    [ 6.175] (II) intel(0): Enabled output VIRTUAL1
    [ 6.175] (--) intel(0): Output HDMI2 using initial mode 1024x768 on pipe 0
    [ 6.175] (==) intel(0): TearFree disabled
    [ 6.175] (==) intel(0): DPI set to (96, 96)
    [ 6.175] (II) Loading sub module "dri2"
    [ 6.175] (II) LoadModule: "dri2"
    [ 6.175] (II) Module "dri2" already built-in
    [ 6.175] (II) Loading sub module "present"
    [ 6.175] (II) LoadModule: "present"
    [ 6.175] (II) Module "present" already built-in
    [ 6.175] (II) UnloadModule: "modesetting"
    [ 6.175] (II) Unloading modesetting
    [ 6.175] (II) UnloadModule: "fbdev"
    [ 6.175] (II) Unloading fbdev
    [ 6.175] (II) UnloadSubModule: "fbdevhw"
    [ 6.175] (II) Unloading fbdevhw
    [ 6.175] (II) UnloadModule: "vesa"
    [ 6.175] (II) Unloading vesa
    [ 6.175] (==) Depth 24 pixmap format is 32 bpp
    [ 6.183] (II) intel(0): SNA initialized with Haswell (gen7.5, gt3) backend
    [ 6.183] (==) intel(0): Backing store enabled
    [ 6.183] (==) intel(0): Silken mouse enabled
    [ 6.184] (II) intel(0): HW Cursor enabled
    [ 6.184] (II) intel(0): RandR 1.2 enabled, ignore the following RandR disabled message.
    [ 6.185] (==) intel(0): DPMS enabled
    [ 6.185] (==) intel(0): Display hotplug detection enabled
    [ 6.185] (II) intel(0): [DRI2] Setup complete
    [ 6.185] (II) intel(0): [DRI2] DRI driver: i965
    [ 6.185] (II) intel(0): [DRI2] VDPAU driver: va_gl
    [ 6.185] (II) intel(0): direct rendering: DRI2 enabled
    [ 6.185] (II) intel(0): hardware support for Present enabled
    [ 6.185] (--) RandR disabled
    [ 6.226] (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer
    [ 6.226] (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_ARB_create_context
    [ 6.226] (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_ARB_create_context_profile
    [ 6.226] (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_EXT_create_context_es{,2}_profile
    [ 6.226] (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_INTEL_swap_event
    [ 6.226] (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_SGI_swap_control and GLX_MESA_swap_control
    [ 6.226] (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB
    [ 6.226] (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float
    [ 6.226] (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_EXT_fbconfig_packed_float
    [ 6.226] (II) AIGLX: GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap backed by buffer objects
    [ 6.226] (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_ARB_create_context_robustness
    [ 6.226] (II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized i965
    [ 6.226] (II) GLX: Initialized DRI2 GL provider for screen 0
    [ 6.229] (II) intel(0): switch to mode 1024x768@60.0 on HDMI2 using pipe 0, position (0, 0), rotation normal, reflection none
    [ 6.229] (II) intel(0): Setting screen physical size to 270 x 203
    [ 6.302] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Power Button (/dev/input/event2)
    [ 6.302] (**) Power Button: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
    [ 6.302] (II) LoadModule: "evdev"
    [ 6.303] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/evdev_drv.so
    [ 6.305] (II) Module evdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
    [ 6.305] compiled for 1.18.3, module version = 2.10.1
    [ 6.305] Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
    [ 6.305] ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 22.1
    [ 6.305] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Power Button'
    [ 6.305] (**) Power Button: always reports core events
    [ 6.305] (**) evdev: Power Button: Device: "/dev/input/event2"
    [ 6.305] (--) evdev: Power Button: Vendor 0 Product 0x1
    [ 6.305] (--) evdev: Power Button: Found keys
    [ 6.305] (II) evdev: Power Button: Configuring as keyboard
    [ 6.305] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXPWRBN:00/input/input2/event2"
    [ 6.305] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Power Button" (type: KEYBOARD, id 6)
    [ 6.305] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
    [ 6.305] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "gb,us,tr"
    [ 6.305] (**) Option "xkb_variant" ",,"
    [ 6.348] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Video Bus (/dev/input/event3)
    [ 6.348] (**) Video Bus: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
    [ 6.348] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Video Bus'
    [ 6.348] (**) Video Bus: always reports core events
    [ 6.349] (**) evdev: Video Bus: Device: "/dev/input/event3"
    [ 6.349] (--) evdev: Video Bus: Vendor 0 Product 0x6
    [ 6.349] (--) evdev: Video Bus: Found keys
    [ 6.349] (II) evdev: Video Bus: Configuring as keyboard
    [ 6.349] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0A08:00/LNXVIDEO:00/input/input3/event3"
    [ 6.349] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Video Bus" (type: KEYBOARD, id 7)
    [ 6.349] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
    [ 6.349] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "gb,us,tr"
    [ 6.349] (**) Option "xkb_variant" ",,"
    [ 6.349] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Power Button (/dev/input/event0)
    [ 6.349] (**) Power Button: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
    [ 6.349] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Power Button'
    [ 6.349] (**) Power Button: always reports core events
    [ 6.349] (**) evdev: Power Button: Device: "/dev/input/event0"
    [ 6.349] (--) evdev: Power Button: Vendor 0 Product 0x1
    [ 6.349] (--) evdev: Power Button: Found keys
    [ 6.349] (II) evdev: Power Button: Configuring as keyboard
    [ 6.349] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0C:00/input/input0/event0"
    [ 6.349] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Power Button" (type: KEYBOARD, id 8)
    [ 6.349] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Sleep Button (/dev/input/event1)
    [ 6.349] (**) Sleep Button: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
    [ 6.349] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Sleep Button'
    [ 6.349] (**) Sleep Button: always reports core events
    [ 6.349] (**) evdev: Sleep Button: Device: "/dev/input/event1"
    [ 6.349] (--) evdev: Sleep Button: Vendor 0 Product 0x3
    [ 6.349] (--) evdev: Sleep Button: Found keys
    [ 6.349] (II) evdev: Sleep Button: Configuring as keyboard
    [ 6.349] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXSYBUS:00/PNP0C0E:00/input/input1/event1"
    [ 6.349] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Sleep Button" (type: KEYBOARD, id 9)
    [ 6.350] (II) config/udev: Adding input device HDA Intel HDMI HDMI/DP,pcm=3 (/dev/input/event10)
    [ 6.350] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
    [ 6.350] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
    [ 6.350] (II) config/udev: Adding input device HDA Intel HDMI HDMI/DP,pcm=7 (/dev/input/event11)
    [ 6.350] (II) config/udev: Adding input device HDA Intel HDMI HDMI/DP,pcm=8 (/dev/input/event12)
    [ 6.350] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Apple, Inc. IR Receiver (/dev/input/event13)
    [ 6.350] (**) Apple, Inc. IR Receiver: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
    [ 6.350] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Apple, Inc. IR Receiver'
    [ 6.350] (**) Apple, Inc. IR Receiver: always reports core events
    [ 6.350] (**) evdev: Apple, Inc. IR Receiver: Device: "/dev/input/event13"
    [ 6.350] (--) evdev: Apple, Inc. IR Receiver: Vendor 0x5ac Product 0x8242
    [ 6.350] (--) evdev: Apple, Inc. IR Receiver: Found keys
    [ 6.350] (II) evdev: Apple, Inc. IR Receiver: Configuring as keyboard
    [ 6.350] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-4/1-4:1.0/0003:05AC:8242.0001/input/input13/event13"
    [ 6.350] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Apple, Inc. IR Receiver" (type: KEYBOARD, id 10)
    [ 6.350] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
    [ 6.350] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "gb,us,tr"
    [ 6.350] (**) Option "xkb_variant" ",,"
    [ 6.351] (II) config/udev: Adding input device SZH usb keyboard (/dev/input/event5)
    [ 6.351] (**) SZH usb keyboard: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
    [ 6.351] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'SZH usb keyboard'
    [ 6.351] (**) SZH usb keyboard: always reports core events
    [ 6.351] (**) evdev: SZH usb keyboard: Device: "/dev/input/event5"
    [ 6.351] (--) evdev: SZH usb keyboard: Vendor 0xc0f4 Product 0x4e0
    [ 6.351] (--) evdev: SZH usb keyboard: Found keys
    [ 6.351] (II) evdev: SZH usb keyboard: Configuring as keyboard
    [ 6.351] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-7/1-7:1.0/0003:C0F4:04E0.0003/input/input5/event5"
    [ 6.351] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "SZH usb keyboard" (type: KEYBOARD, id 11)
    [ 6.351] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
    [ 6.351] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "gb,us,tr"
    [ 6.351] (**) Option "xkb_variant" ",,"
    [ 6.351] (II) config/udev: Adding input device SZH usb keyboard (/dev/input/event6)
    [ 6.351] (**) SZH usb keyboard: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
    [ 6.351] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'SZH usb keyboard'
    [ 6.351] (**) SZH usb keyboard: always reports core events
    [ 6.351] (**) evdev: SZH usb keyboard: Device: "/dev/input/event6"
    [ 6.351] (--) evdev: SZH usb keyboard: Vendor 0xc0f4 Product 0x4e0
    [ 6.351] (--) evdev: SZH usb keyboard: Found 1 mouse buttons
    [ 6.351] (--) evdev: SZH usb keyboard: Found scroll wheel(s)
    [ 6.351] (--) evdev: SZH usb keyboard: Found relative axes
    [ 6.351] (II) evdev: SZH usb keyboard: Forcing relative x/y axes to exist.
    [ 6.351] (--) evdev: SZH usb keyboard: Found absolute axes
    [ 6.351] (II) evdev: SZH usb keyboard: Forcing absolute x/y axes to exist.
    [ 6.351] (--) evdev: SZH usb keyboard: Found keys
    [ 6.351] (II) evdev: SZH usb keyboard: Configuring as mouse
    [ 6.351] (II) evdev: SZH usb keyboard: Configuring as keyboard
    [ 6.351] (II) evdev: SZH usb keyboard: Adding scrollwheel support
    [ 6.351] (**) evdev: SZH usb keyboard: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
    [ 6.351] (**) evdev: SZH usb keyboard: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
    [ 6.351] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-7/1-7:1.1/0003:C0F4:04E0.0004/input/input6/event6"
    [ 6.351] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "SZH usb keyboard" (type: KEYBOARD, id 12)
    [ 6.351] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
    [ 6.351] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "gb,us,tr"
    [ 6.351] (**) Option "xkb_variant" ",,"
    [ 6.352] (II) evdev: SZH usb keyboard: initialized for relative axes.
    [ 6.352] (WW) evdev: SZH usb keyboard: ignoring absolute axes.
    [ 6.352] (**) SZH usb keyboard: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
    [ 6.352] (**) SZH usb keyboard: (accel) acceleration profile 0
    [ 6.352] (**) SZH usb keyboard: (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
    [ 6.352] (**) SZH usb keyboard: (accel) acceleration threshold: 4
    [ 6.352] (II) config/udev: Adding input device 2.4G Mouse (/dev/input/event8)
    [ 6.352] (**) 2.4G Mouse: Applying InputClass "evdev pointer catchall"
    [ 6.352] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for '2.4G Mouse'
    [ 6.352] (**) 2.4G Mouse: always reports core events
    [ 6.352] (**) evdev: 2.4G Mouse: Device: "/dev/input/event8"
    [ 6.860] (--) evdev: 2.4G Mouse: Vendor 0x1ea7 Product 0x64
    [ 6.860] (--) evdev: 2.4G Mouse: Found 12 mouse buttons
    [ 6.860] (--) evdev: 2.4G Mouse: Found scroll wheel(s)
    [ 6.860] (--) evdev: 2.4G Mouse: Found relative axes
    [ 6.860] (--) evdev: 2.4G Mouse: Found x and y relative axes
    [ 6.860] (--) evdev: 2.4G Mouse: Found absolute axes
    [ 6.860] (II) evdev: 2.4G Mouse: Forcing absolute x/y axes to exist.
    [ 6.860] (II) evdev: 2.4G Mouse: Configuring as mouse
    [ 6.860] (II) evdev: 2.4G Mouse: Adding scrollwheel support
    [ 6.860] (**) evdev: 2.4G Mouse: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
    [ 6.860] (**) evdev: 2.4G Mouse: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
    [ 6.860] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:14.0/usb1/1-8/1-8:1.0/0003:1EA7:0064.0006/input/input8/event8"
    [ 6.860] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "2.4G Mouse" (type: MOUSE, id 13)
    [ 6.861] (II) evdev: 2.4G Mouse: initialized for relative axes.
    [ 6.861] (WW) evdev: 2.4G Mouse: ignoring absolute axes.
    [ 6.861] (**) 2.4G Mouse: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
    [ 6.861] (**) 2.4G Mouse: (accel) acceleration profile 0
    [ 6.861] (**) 2.4G Mouse: (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
    [ 6.861] (**) 2.4G Mouse: (accel) acceleration threshold: 4
    [ 6.861] (II) config/udev: Adding input device 2.4G Mouse (/dev/input/mouse1)
    [ 6.861] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
    [ 6.861] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
    [ 6.861] (II) config/udev: Adding input device HDA Intel PCH Headphone (/dev/input/event9)
    [ 6.861] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
    [ 6.861] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
    [ 7.220] (--) intel(0): HDMI max TMDS frequency 225000KHz
    [ 7.446] (--) intel(0): HDMI max TMDS frequency 225000KHz
    [ 7.550] (--) intel(0): HDMI max TMDS frequency 225000KHz
    [ 7.735] (--) intel(0): HDMI max TMDS frequency 225000KHz
    [ 25.257] (--) intel(0): HDMI max TMDS frequency 225000KHz
    [ 25.368] (--) intel(0): HDMI max TMDS frequency 225000KHz
    [ 25.449] (--) intel(0): HDMI max TMDS frequency 225000KHz
    [ 25.633] (--) intel(0): HDMI max TMDS frequency 225000KHz
    [ 27.131] (--) intel(0): HDMI max TMDS frequency 225000KHz
    [ 27.135] (--) intel(0): HDMI max TMDS frequency 225000KHz
    [ 27.145] (--) intel(0): HDMI max TMDS frequency 225000KHz
    [ 27.155] (--) intel(0): HDMI max TMDS frequency 225000KHz
    [ 27.164] (--) intel(0): HDMI max TMDS frequency 225000KHz
    [ 296.861] (--) intel(0): HDMI max TMDS frequency 225000KHz
    [ 11930.813] (--) intel(0): HDMI max TMDS frequency 225000KHz
    [ 11972.233] (--) intel(0): HDMI max TMDS frequency 225000KHz
    [ 11975.308] (--) intel(0): HDMI max TMDS frequency 225000KHz
    [ 13422.593] (--) intel(0): HDMI max TMDS frequency 225000KHz
    [ 13786.013] (--) intel(0): HDMI max TMDS frequency 225000KHz
    ls -l ~/.Xauthority
    -rw------- 1 ltcc15 ltcc15 68 Jul 21 02:58 /home/ltcc15/.Xauthority
    Last edited by oldfred; August 8th, 2021 at 04:34 AM. Reason: please use code tags for long terminal output # icon in Advanced Editor

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

@michael2000
    Please use code tags if posting long terminal output.

And often better to start your own thread, rather than be in this mega thread that may not be reviewed by those who can offer suggestions.
    UEFI boot install & repair info - Regularly Updated :
    https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2147295
    Please use Thread Tools above first post to change to [Solved] when/if answered completely.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Reading through your post and the output you posted. While I'm doing that:

To sort through this quickly, what did you change, where and how? That way, nothing I suggest doesn't conflict with the changes you made, and cause more problems... And we can get a collaborative, coordinated solution that works for you...

#####
    EDITS:
    Trying to replicate this, but very curious, and you got my attention...
    Code:
    Build Operating System: Linux 4.4.0-97-generic x86_64 Ubuntu
    Current Operating System: Linux ltcc15-Macmini-ubuntu14 4.4.0-148-generic #174~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu May 9 08:17:37 UTC 2019 x86_64
    Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-4.4.0-148-generic root=UUID=e227459c-2c47-4d56-9241-6743d77f3b7e ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
    Build Date: 13 October 2017 02:07:47PM
    xorg-server 2:1.18.3-1ubuntu2.3~trusty4
    Last edited by MAFoElffen; August 10th, 2021 at 08:58 PM.

"Concurrent coexistence of Windows, Linux and UNIX..." || Ubuntu user # 33563, Linux user # 533637
    Sticky: Graphics Resolution | UbuntuForums 'system-info' Script | Posting Guidelines | Code Tags

Page 138 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139 LastLast