Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Trying to get Belkin n300 micro working on 11.04

Beans

Question Re: Trying to get Belkin n300 micro working on 11.04

Any1 got this to work?
    It worked before I upgraded to the latest kernel 3.0.0-14-generic ...
    After the upgrade I get this error:

8192cu: disagrees about version of symbol filp_open
    8192cu: Unknown symbol filp_open (err -22)

Any ideias?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Trying to get Belkin n300 micro working on 11.04

How did you install the driver? Manually? Or is it the default one?

Beans

Manually. Used your suggestion in the first page of this thread.
    It worked after the Ubuntu installation but when I did the software upgrade it stopped working giving me that error. I guess it has something todo with the new kernel ...

Solved:
    Reinstalled the Ubuntu, made the updates and compiled your "stuff".
    I guess that a cleanup of your suggestion and a re-compile of the driver would do the job.
    Thanks!!
    Last edited by HiGhLaNdR; January 20th, 2012 at 12:01 AM. Reason: typo ;)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by HiGhLaNdR View Post
    Manually. Used your suggestion in the first page of this thread.
    It worked after the Ubuntu installation but when I did the software upgrade it stopped working giving me that error. I guess it has something todo with the new kernel ...

Solved:
    Reinstalled the Ubuntu, made the updates and compiled your "stuff".
    I guess that a cleanup of your suggestion and a re-compile of the driver would do the job.
    Thanks!!
    OK Reinstalled Ubuntu did the instructions...Can see the network...it won't authenticate.

Changed router security to WPA2 AES only....no change...can see activity on the USB Micro ie LED is working. ifconfig shows it as up but it won't connect....I have been having some problems with the router but most of my other hardware has been connecting to it. Is there anything I need to rule out on the computer side? I want to make sure I can say...yes...this is the problem of the router or, I need to adjust a setting here or there to make it work.

FYI:
    Ubuntu 11.10 64 Bit
    Latest kernel 3.0.0.15
    Belkin n300 Micro USB adapter

Thanks
    Rich
    Former OpenSuSE user now full fledged Ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Try open authentication on your router temporarily. At one point in time the Atheros drivers (not related to our issue but still a valid test) that encrypted connections wouldn't work but open connections would.

Try a different wireless router and see if you have the same problems. I've found that some DLink an Netgear routers work differently than Linksys/Cisco routers.

If there's a Windows 7 machine on the wireless network be sure to disable IPv6 on it. Some routers don't support the way Windows 7 authenticates with IPv6 and will kick off all other authenticated machines while authenticating the Windows 7 machine.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat469 View Post
    Try open authentication on your router temporarily. At one point in time the Atheros drivers (not related to our issue but still a valid test) that encrypted connections wouldn't work but open connections would.

Try a different wireless router and see if you have the same problems. I've found that some DLink an Netgear routers work differently than Linksys/Cisco routers.

If there's a Windows 7 machine on the wireless network be sure to disable IPv6 on it. Some routers don't support the way Windows 7 authenticates with IPv6 and will kick off all other authenticated machines while authenticating the Windows 7 machine.
    I dont see what the router has to do with it, its the same on my other router too, and its only in ubuntu not in windows, anyway it works if I leave the wireless switch turned on so its ok for now.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123