Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dvb-t2

Beans

Angry Dvb-t2

There seems to be no work being done to produce a driver for the (Hauppauge) PCTV Nano 290e Freeview HD USB stick, or any other Freeview HD stick. Linux TV Org has the stick as unknown, yet it has been out for a while, Hauppauge Tuner drivers were usually quickly available.
    Presumably in the UK we have to revert to Windows 7 for Freeview HD, I don't want to have to use Windows but keep being forced back into it, particularly as Windows 7 seems to have most drivers already included.

Beans

Re: Dvb-t2

There is an experimental driver available for the USB stick you mention. Check here: http://stevekerrison.com/290e/index.html

linuxtv.org has been updated with a link to the experimental driver.

Also the BGT 3620 card will get drivers Q3 2011.

But, drivers isn't enough. There needs to be DVB-T2 support in APIs and applications and that's not in place yet.

So, things are actually moving forward.

Beans

Re: Dvb-t2 working but no sound on HD

Help - I am relatively new to Linux Ubuntu and have 11.04 x64. I have managed to get my 290e DVB-T2 USB stick working with the experimental .git on LinuxTV.org. However, there is no sound / no audio when watching the HD Freeview channels in either Kaffeine or MeTV. The DVB-T2 HD video stream works.

I have reinstalled (build) the .git repository a number of times and did get some HD sound with VLC, so it can be done. However VLC was impractical to watch (I had to do a full channel scan each time I started it up)

I did notice some advice to change Buffers in a config file HD get sound on DVB-S2, so maybe it could be that. Or it could be MeTV and Kaffeine need updating?

Has anyone got sound on Freeview HD, or any idea what I might try to get the audio / sound going when viewing HD TV?

Is it because the HD sound is AC3 and the stereo is not being decoded from 5.1 ??

At the moment I'm just watching the normal channels through the 290e (USB stick) and MeTV - (Hauppauge) PCTV Nano 290e Freeview HD USB stick

I have tried updating Kaffeine to 1.2.2.

I have also tried updating Me TV to the latest version 2.01 - which is a download ./configure, make , make install. Despite a lot of trying (updating dependencies) this wouldn't compile. Has anyone else managed to compile MeTv 2.01 on Ubuntu? If so, any tips?

Wrapperband
    Last edited by Wrapperband-0; August 8th, 2011 at 04:21 PM. Reason: additional cures tried

Beans

I have the same problem, no sound with kaffeine on hd channels
    ubuntu 10.10 64bit
    kaffeine 1.1-0ubuntu1
    pctv290e

Any help please?

Beans

Please Help

Is there anyone who has got Freeview HD TV dvb-t2 working with audio in Ubuntu 11.04 at all?

Is there a way of using VLC to view HD programs and save the channel list?

Wrapperband

Beans

This might help:

HTML Code:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=967862

Beans

Dvb-T2 Freeveiw HD video working but no sound/ audio

Hi, thanks for the links to "How to create a TV channel list for VLC media player".

I am relatively newbie, and am finding that explanation of how to set up VLC quite complicated and haven't got it to work.
    I have given up trying to find how to get scan to generate a config file in the correct directory for the moment. I'll have another go, when I have a spare hour.

I am still interested to find if anyone has got Audio working with UK, HD Freeview.

I have a DVB-T2 USB stick (290e). I can watch all the normal programs with Kaffeine 1.2.2 or MeTV 1.3.6 , using the LinuxTV.org experimental git. My system is Ubuntu 11.04 with KDE added and 2.6.38-11 generic kernel.

The lack of audio seems to be a problem that the system is not using the correct audio codec to decode the HD TV signal. I believe both Me and Kaffeine could decode ac3 on other files types? So it isn't a problem of a missing codec?

Beans

Re: Dvb-T2 Freeveiw HD video working but no sound/ audio

Quote Originally Posted by Wrapperband-0 View Post
    I am relatively newbie, and am finding that explanation of how to set up VLC quite complicated and haven't got it to work.
    I have given up trying to find how to get scan to generate a config file in the correct directory for the moment. I'll have another go, when I have a spare hour.
    Can't help you with the HD audio query but for creating a config.conf file try installing dvb-apps if not installed already and run the following command..

Code:
    scan /usr/share/dvb/dvb-t/uk-Darvel -o zap | tee ~/channels.conf
    Substitute the Darvel part with the name of your local transmitter, if unsure I think you will find the available list in the /usr/share/dvb/dvb-t folder.

Assuming you produce the config.conf file, open vlc and from the Media menu select Open Advanced File and the rest should be self explanatory.

Beans

Re: Dvb-T2 Freeveiw HD video working but no sound/ audio

Cheers for that information,

I managed to create the channels.conf file, which appeared in my home directory by using those instructions.

Unfortunately, when I scan my normal transmitter uk-Winterhill it comes back - tuning failed!!!

uk-Winterhill is the transmitter I use with Me-tv and Kaffiene.

I re scanned for uk-Saddleworth - which created the channels.conf file - but only some of the Freeveiw TV programs are available on that transmitter, not HD.

I assume there might be other settings of scan needed, + I may need to use 2 transmitters, and the above instructions seem to blank the file with each scan?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

The dvb-t2 in UK is using AAC & optional dolby digital plus.
    The problem could be the audio is muxed using LOAS/LATM.
    This is the case with dvb-t HD broadcasts in my corner & most places..

LATM AAC was supported by MythTV & VLC for last 3 years.

If you can work out how to tune the card you can 'cat' the card output stream into a file.
    Then point 'mediainfo' at the file..

I think kaffeine is xine based, you could go looking for a xine update.
    http://old.nabble.com/-PATCH--Add-AA...d32355161.html

The tuning problems could be resource sharing, for e.g. mythtv backend does not share the tuner cards.
    Last edited by BicyclerBoy; September 11th, 2011 at 12:58 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast