Thread: Nautilus crashes since update to Natty

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Nautilus crashes since update to Natty

Hello everyone. Since I have updated last night from maverick to the latest beta of natty narwal, I'm having a lot of trouble getting Nautilus (desktop included) to work.

It seems to crash since the very start as when I turn off the computer, the message of "force exit" appears.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Beans

Unhappy Re: Nautilus crashes since update to Natty

Hi,

I've been through a lot of forums, inconclusive bug reports and still have the very same problem, without soultion. It seems to be that only a small minority is having this BIG problem, even in the stable version of Natty. Could that be possible?

As a workaround, in the meanwhile, I've been using Thunar, for there is no immediate hope for Nautilus.

Beans

Smile Re: Nautilus crashes since update to Natty

I've found a better solution, that actually makes Nautilus work, and make the computer feel a lot snappier. The solution involves getting rid off COMPLETELY of Ubuntu One.

Deleting configuration files, like rm -r ~./gnome, or reinstalling, didn't work.

An observation in top, revealed that the process ubuntuone-syncdaemon, which is used by Nautilus for all the Ubuntu One stuff, was taking more than 80% CPU usage.

I couldn't kill the process, so I went radical and decided to remove all of Ubuntu One, by typing in the terminal.
    sudo apt-get purge ubuntuone-client
    Suddenly, all of the windows I tried to open previously sprung open, and I could browse. The computer also felt faster after that, even faster than prior to the upgrade.
    Last edited by deprieto; May 8th, 2011 at 02:59 PM. Reason: I wanted more clarity and legibility

Beans

Smile Re: Nautilus crashes since update to Natty

@deprieto: thank you for the solution - I just had the same problem and purging the ubuntu-one client did work perfectly for me!